Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance

Old 05-22-2009, 07:20 AM   #1
evilwoobie
Registered Member

Default 06 cbr 1000rr wiring schematic

does anyone here have a wiring schematic for an 06 cbr 1000rr. If so it would be a great help. Thanks.
evilwoobie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-22-2009, 07:23 AM   #2
SmokeU
Registered Member

Go buy a manual.

Or else actually do a search online, I'm sure there's something somewhere on the interwebs.
SmokeU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:43 AM   #3
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Go buy a manual."

The shocking part is that you actually had to say this.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:26 AM   #4
evilwoobie
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeU View Post
Go buy a manual.

Or else actually do a search online, I'm sure there's something somewhere on the interwebs.
figured thats the type of answer i would get.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:37 AM   #5
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilwoobie View Post
Well, what do you expect? The diagram is currently under Honda copyright unless someone wants to draw their own. Posting Honda's diagram will only get someone a visit from Honda's legal department and maybe the FBI.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:21 AM   #6
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Damn dude, the manual is all of $50 bucks? You have a vehicle you spent maybe 10 grand for and you can't afford the manual? Talk about penny wise and pound foolish! GO BUY THE MANUAL! What other answer is there?
Old 05-22-2009, 10:31 AM   #7
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Sorry about SmokeU. He's PMS. Everybody says you're a great guy. Is that a new shirt? It really shows off your complexion. Nice bike. Looks brand new!

I don't have the wiring diagram, but I sure wish I did.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:00 PM   #8
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool Dude,...

Bike bandit has them on line? Welcome to motorcycling!
Old 05-22-2009, 06:05 PM   #9
evilwoobie
Registered Member

Not expecting anyone to put the thing on here. Just wondering if anybody knew a link to one online. Maybe i should ask this then.
checked all the fuses i can find, the ones under the seat and the ones under the left fearing.
The tail light doesn't work. Has no constant power. Nothing on the dash works but the signal indicators.
The small light over the front headlight doesn't work. The all seem like the would be linked as they all went out at the same time. Any ideas. The bike still has 2 years remaining on the warranty. They say it will take about 14 days or more b4 they can look at it. Needless to say they are the only Honda dealer within 3 hours and i can't say that anyone i know has anything good to say about them. They have you by the nuts. If it is something simple that i can do myself without them seeing it like changing a fuse that i don't know about then all the better for me.
i have been riding for the last 20 years. I am 26 now.
Stuff like this isn't all that big a deal for me to fix normally. On the other hand i have never had a bike this advanced or this much of a pain in the A$$ to get at what your looking for.

Any ideas???

Last edited by evilwoobie : 05-22-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:48 PM   #10
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Not expecting anyone to put the thing on here. Just wondering if anybody knew a link to one online. Maybe i should ask this then.
checked all the fuses i can find, the ones under the seat and the ones under the left fearing.
The tail light doesn't work. Has no constant power. Nothing on the dash works but the signal indicators.
The small light over the front headlight doesn't work. The all seem like the would be linked as they all went out at the same time. Any ideas. The bike still has 2 years remaining on the warranty. They say it will take about 14 days or more b4 they can look at it. Needless to say they are the only Honda dealer within 3 hours and i can't say that anyone i know has anything good to say about them. They have you by the nuts. If it is something simple that i can do myself without them seeing it like changing a fuse that i don't know about then all the better for me.
i have been riding for the last 20 years. I am 26 now.
Stuff like this isn't all that big a deal for me to fix normally. On the other hand i have never had a bike this advanced or this much of a pain in the A$$ to get at what your looking for.

Any ideas???
It sounds like a wire has broken or pulled loose from the harness or maybe one of the connector plugs has come apart or maybe some corrosion got into a connector plug. I'd pull off the plastic and go over the wiring harness looking for loose or broken wires and connectors. Pull all the connectors apart and reseat them a couple of times as well.

Bad time of year to need a dealer.