Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2009, 05:05 PM   #1
evilwoobie
Registered Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 8
Default 06 cbr 1000rr speedo

I have a question about the speedo on my bike that i hope someone here can answer.
The speedo on the bike has stopped working along with the tac and the odometer. Is this a common problem on these bikes.
If so is it normally the cluster itself or a sensor. I just find it weird that everything would go at once. The indicator light on the cluster still work but nothing else. I assume there is a fuse and stuff for this. Where is it located. Any help on this issue would be great b4 i go and spend the 450 on a new speedo cluster. Thanks.
evilwoobie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-14-2009, 06:09 PM   #2
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

 
mscuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Next to my still checkin the temp.
Posts: 5,448
Default

Jeez, call Johnson & Wood sickle salvage, (81 558-5227. Talk with Al or Bob. They have one for cheep $$$$.

Don't even mess with that electronic gizmo, just get a new used one.
__________________
A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.
mscuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:10 PM   #3
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

 
mscuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Next to my still checkin the temp.
Posts: 5,448
Default

WTF? The happy face deal again...that's eight-one-eight.
__________________
A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.
mscuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:04 PM   #4
jdvorchak
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 26
Default

Check your ignition switch contacts and harness. My old harley every once in a while drops the gauges and the lights still work. I reach down and move the key a little and they come back on.

On an 06, unless you abuse the heck out of the key switch, I doubt that it is bad. Probably just a connector come loose or needs cleaning. Not sure where the fuses are on that one. My son's 96 CBR had the fuses on top of the right fairing just behind the triple tree. There was a removeable panel with a screw holding it on.
__________________
The person who dies with the most toys wins!
jdvorchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 05:04 AM   #5
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member
 
Kenneth_Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VIsiting the GIft Shop in the Pit of DIspair
Posts: 7,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdvorchak View Post
Check your ignition switch contacts and harness. My old harley every once in a while drops the gauges and the lights still work. I reach down and move the key a little and they come back on.

On an 06, unless you abuse the heck out of the key switch, I doubt that it is bad. Probably just a connector come loose or needs cleaning. Not sure where the fuses are on that one. My son's 96 CBR had the fuses on top of the right fairing just behind the triple tree. There was a removeable panel with a screw holding it on.
Stop it right there Mister. Helpful information and advice without sarcasm is strictly forbidden. Especially when you have such great material to work with. Say after me:

"Yup, it's a cluster allright."

Go ahead, say it.
__________________
www.kennethmoore.org
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:37 AM   #6
evilwoobie
Registered Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Stop it right there Mister. Helpful information and advice without sarcasm is strictly forbidden. Especially when you have such great material to work with. Say after me:

"Yup, it's a cluster allright."

Go ahead, say it.
LOL thank god they answered b4 you did. LOL
I can imagine whats coming next now.

Maybe its the fluxcapasator.
evilwoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:49 AM   #7
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilwoobie View Post
LOL thank god they answered b4 you did. LOL
I can imagine whats coming next now.

Maybe its the fluxcapasator.
No, next is the advice to either jack up the gascap and install a new motorcycle beneath it, or to soak it in lukewarm salt water for three day, and carefully dry the moto. Then discard the moto.........
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:09 AM   #8
evilwoobie
Registered Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
Jeez, call Johnson & Wood sickle salvage, (81 558-5227. Talk with Al or Bob. They have one for cheep $$$$.

Don't even mess with that electronic gizmo, just get a new used one.
only one problem. I am from Canada ,so unless it can be changed from miles to km its gonna be hard for me to tell how fast im goin. There is something about doing 100mph in a 100kph zone that the cops around here don't like too much. LOL.
I might give them a call to see what they have to say regardless.
evilwoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:21 PM   #9
jdvorchak
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilwoobie View Post
LOL thank god they answered b4 you did. LOL
I can imagine whats coming next now.

Maybe its the fluxcapasator.
Sorry the flux capacitor (correct spelling) wasn't availble until 2007 on that model. That way the 07 can go back to 57 when Dr. Brown invented the CBR1000.. And you probably thought it was Mr. Honda... jeezzz
__________________
The person who dies with the most toys wins!
jdvorchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off