Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance

Old 04-27-2009, 06:29 PM   #1
hystrung026
Registered Member

Default 07 gsxr 60 help

i just got my gsxr 600 back, i was away for a while and when i got home my buddy crashed my bike which is an 07 gsxr 700. i'm looking at fairing kits for it oem is like 2,000.00 but aftermarket is going for 500.00-1,000.00 (i'm looking on ebay) i noticed one seller said something about not haveing head light holes what does that mean i can't put a head light in it? and can i still have a rear seat it looks like the rear seat cowl is apart of the molding is thata rue or am i seeing it wrong. can anyone point me in the right direction, plus i need a new tank, aside from everything else (rims) although the forks didn't bend which i was happy it looked like he hit a fire hydrant b\c the gas tank is torn like literally torn. if anyone can help i would appreciate it thanks rory
hystrung026 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-28-2009, 06:19 AM   #2
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Wow with friends like that who needs enemies? What you seem to be talking about is race fairings. The choices are simple Oem, fiberglass, or nowadays they are selling abs plastics cheap through the internet. Alot of the fiberglass bodywork may have the holes filled like the headlight hole and tail light hole because it's used for racing. Now some fiberglass bodywork companies like Sharkskinz offer their product for the street aswell with all the holes cutout. Sounds to me like you have a set of race fairings.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:05 AM   #3
MOKE1K
Registered Member

SharkSkinz is a reputable fiberglass bodywork manufacture.

The pre-painted stuff on this site is popping up more and more but the fitting is notso good from what I'v heard.
Motorcycle Fairings Sportbike Fairings Honda Yamaha Suzuki Kawasaki Ducati Body Kits Fairing