Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-mods-maintenance/)
-   -   Honda CB 900f (2006year) (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-mods-maintenance/11661-honda-cb-900f-2006year.html)

honsbeek 04-22-2009 05:48 AM

Honda CB 900f (2006year)

Hi there ,

just a quick question about the performance of my Honda 919 these days. I have had it for 2 years now almost 20.000 kilo on the clock.
I have been noticing some issues when riding namely:
In shorter gears I have been noticing some slack or to explain it better , when throttling down I feel a slight shocking sensation which wasn't there before. Between throttling actions , of course there will be a chain reflex , but I checked my chain and is quite tight, I have considered my throttle slack and have pulled it to spec. I was wondering what else could be causing this uncomfortable riding sensation.

The CB 900F has a cam chain tensioner on the right side , when exactly is this used , perhaps in these kind of situations.

I hope I have explained my problem well enough , but I will check back to this forum for a solution ...

Thanks a lot

Ralph

longride 04-22-2009 06:28 AM

I doubt your issue has anything to do with the cam chain tensioner. The only thing I can think of is that the cush drive in the rear hub is bad. I would check that first.

Kenneth_Moore 04-22-2009 06:35 AM

Cush drive +1. Should be replaced at least when the chain is renewed, if not more often than that.

"I checked my chain and is quite tight, "
You don't mean it's "tight," do you, but rather that it has exactly the right amount of slack as described in the owner manual, measured with a rider in the seat and the bike on the ground?

honsbeek 04-22-2009 07:02 AM

Hey Kenneth , I did mean there on spec, and not "tight" tight ! ^^
By the way what did you mean with "+1" when you said Cush Drive +1 ?
By the way, cush drive are temporary parts like chains and shocks ?
I never realized this , riders here in (Korea) never seem to replace these kinds of parts. But if it's the cause of the problem I would consider replacing them immediately. They're pretty inexpensive am I right ?

By the way they're called "Damper Set" here, same thing right ?

Thanks for the fast and kind replies .

Ralph

honsbeek 04-22-2009 07:03 AM

By the way , check the cush drive is bad or not , how would a bad one look like ?

seruzawa 04-22-2009 07:41 AM

The cush drive is some rubber cushions in the rear hub that are designed to absorb drive line shocks. Just pull the wheel off and pull the sprocket assembly out of the rear wheel and take a look at it.The hub should fit snugly. If the rubber had gone hard and/or there's play in it replace the rubber cushions.

honsbeek 04-22-2009 07:44 AM

Thanks you guys, but one more question:

What if the cush drive is immaculate , what then , what could the problem be ?

SmokeU 04-22-2009 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by honsbeek (Post 211097)
Thanks you guys, but one more question:

What if the cush drive is immaculate , what then , what could the problem be ?

Wore sprockets?

Operator error?;)

honsbeek 04-22-2009 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeU (Post 211098)
Wore sprockets?

Operator error?;)

Technician error ?

SmokeU 04-22-2009 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by honsbeek (Post 211099)
Technician error ?

Technicians never make errors.:o