Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance

Old 04-17-2009, 05:16 PM   #1
zargo
Registered Member

Default problems with a 05 gixxer..

I put a 05 gsxr 750 motor in a 97 gsxr frame ..I used the complete wiring harnes and gause cluster controls and all sencers computer and even the fuel pump in the old carburated gas tank,the bike in the thottle is really touchy and is running real rich,and back fires a flame out the pipe,I got a new power commander and put it in till i had the time to get it to the dyno ,,I brun it to dynoed and put it on,,and he told me that the tps sencers were bad .holding the throttle in one spot the on the dyno chart was all over map,and would not stay in one spot ,,so I went out and replaced them and had suzuki set them now it does not back fire or run as rich but the throttle is still alittle jumpy,,I re brung it to the dyno and put it back on and it is still doing the same thing but not as bad but it is still of that the dyno will not tune it ? holding the throttle at 8% open it will go to a 9% then to a 8 %then to 15% went back to suzuki and had them put it on the computer and they tell me that everything is showing ok ,,,but it is still of and now I do not know what to do ,,,any help would be good ,,thanks fahellican@hotmail.com....
zargo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-17-2009, 05:48 PM   #2
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Dag nab it!

Well sir, whoever sold you that there gixxer motor I'd ba a caliing up with my smoothebore pointin' in thare general di-rection. Yep. Uh huh...
Old 04-17-2009, 06:37 PM   #3
zargo
Registered Member

...thanks,, I seen the motor it came out of a custom show bike ,3inch lowerd custom paint 240 rear tire kit,,and I started it up and it was good I did not leave till I got everything that was there ,,and played with it before i gave him money ,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
Well sir, whoever sold you that there gixxer motor I'd ba a caliing up with my smoothebore pointin' in thare general di-rection. Yep. Uh huh...
Old 04-18-2009, 11:09 AM   #4
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by zargo View Post
I put a 05 gsxr 750 motor in a 97 gsxr frame ..I used the complete wiring harnes and gause cluster controls and all sencers computer and even the fuel pump in the old carburated gas tank,the bike in the thottle is really touchy and is running real rich,and back fires a flame out the pipe,I got a new power commander and put it in till i had the time to get it to the dyno ,,I brun it to dynoed and put it on,,and he told me that the tps sencers were bad .holding the throttle in one spot the on the dyno chart was all over map,and would not stay in one spot ,,so I went out and replaced them and had suzuki set them now it does not back fire or run as rich but the throttle is still alittle jumpy,,I re brung it to the dyno and put it back on and it is still doing the same thing but not as bad but it is still of that the dyno will not tune it ? holding the throttle at 8% open it will go to a 9% then to a 8 %then to 15% went back to suzuki and had them put it on the computer and they tell me that everything is showing ok ,,,but it is still of and now I do not know what to do ,,,any help would be good ,,thanks fahellican@hotmail.com....
And I thought my grammer was bad. Good luck fixing it.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:02 PM   #5
seruzawa
The Toad

Now and again there is something to be said for carburetors.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:14 PM   #6
zargo
Registered Member

the only thing that I have not done is change the throttle body yea my spelling is not the gratest

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Now and again there is something to be said for carburetors.