Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle Magazine Discussion

Old 10-05-2007, 04:55 PM   #31
silentgrayfellow
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2Rider View Post
I get four through the mail: Cycle World, Motorcyclist, Motorcycle Cruiser and RoadRunner....

<remainder snipped>
!! Warning: temporary thread hijack !!

Nice Road Glide you got there, love the color. Assuming that's yours, looks nice with the full tourpak setup and the engine guard fairings (whatever they're called).

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread...
silentgrayfellow is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-10-2007, 12:36 PM   #32
bbtowns
Founding Member

I'm surprised to see so few Motorcycle Consumer News subscribers. No advertising, and they really feel like the only mag not just shilling for the manufacturers. I also get Rider and Motorcyclist, but don't think I'll renew.
bbtowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 12:43 PM   #33
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Wait a goddam minute here, I paid for the espresso machine!!
And the ice cube trays, I get home and the ice cube trays are gone from the freezer! what kind of sick bytch takes the ice cube trays out of the freezer??
I'm taking the kids and going to Mom's. Call me if you ever sober up.

PS: I kicked your bike over in the garage. Gas is leaking. HAHAHAHAHA
Old 10-10-2007, 12:51 PM   #34
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbtowns View Post
I'm surprised to see so few Motorcycle Consumer News subscribers. No advertising, and they really feel like the only mag not just shilling for the manufacturers. I also get Rider and Motorcyclist, but don't think I'll renew.
I think most here subscribe to MC mags just to read about motorcycles, but take what the test riders say with a grain of salt. It's nice to get a general opinion of what these bikes are like, but no magazine (cept MO!) will influence my purchase of any bike in any way. I will go test ride the bikes I am interested in, and make that decision alone. I read the mags more for entertainment value rather than sound advice. Let's face it, no matter how 'objective' some people may be, or seem, we all put our personal preferences and prejudices onto everything we touch.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:58 PM   #35
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
I'm taking the kids and going to Mom's. Call me if you ever sober up.

PS: I kicked your bike over in the garage. Gas is leaking. HAHAHAHAHA

Good, you and that looney should get along fine, you can tell her what a **** I am when you pull up in the new car I just bought you

p.s. tryn' keep your dad away from the kids, they're f***d up enough already

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 06:14 PM   #36
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

I used to work with this guy, had something like this happen to him. He related to me that, he came home one day, the front door was wide-open and smoke was POURING out of the house. Thinking only that something had happened to his Wife, he rushed-in blindly. Much to his surprise, he was tripped and fell flat on his face just inside the door (first clue something was "not quite right").

She (or one of the boyfriends that helped her) had driven spikes deeply into the wall, and stretched a rope across the doorway between them. This was after they'd stripped every single thing out of the house - including ALL of his clothes and personal belongings. The smoke was from the woodburning stove - they'd removed a section of the pipe on the way out - as a literal smokescreen. The new sedan he'd bought was in the garage (the only thing - all his tools and shyte GONE), but they'd removed the wheels and tires, and the drivers-seat.

He found the "Dear John" letter in the kitchen when he was searching for the phone to call the Police, when it dawned on him - OMFG! THE BANK ACCOUNTS!

Cleaned out.

The previous day.

Over $25,000 in 1984 money......

When he had finished relating all this (we were both working ~$6/hr jobs in '91), I asked "WHY did you ever marry this woman in the FIRST place?" (she was 10 years his senior)

"Ah, she had big T*ts, and that really impressed me."

Meh.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 08:08 AM   #37
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Good, you and that looney should get along fine, you can tell her what a **** I am when you pull up in the new car I just bought you

p.s. tryn' keep your dad away from the kids, they're f***d up enough already
Leave Dad out of this you BASTARD! You know he was never convicted...it was all a bunch of lies from those druggie kids down the street!

PS: All the Visa and M/C cards are maxed out. The kids love the new Wii, and Mom says thanks for the new 47" 1080p tv.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:39 AM   #38
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Leave Dad out of this you BASTARD! You know he was never convicted...it was all a bunch of lies from those druggie kids down the street!

PS: All the Visa and M/C cards are maxed out. The kids love the new Wii, and Mom says thanks for the new 47" 1080p tv.

He was never convicted because of who's lies????????

"why yes officer, he is studying to be a bovine proctologist, he had his pants and boxers off so they wouldn't get soiled while he was on his knees taking notes"....Jeasus spare me, I swear....

p.s. have fun with those cards, they're the ones your brother gave me....I hope you signed them nice and neat so they can read your name.

p.p.s. Your sister says hi,

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...

Last edited by sarnali2 : 10-11-2007 at 09:07 AM.
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:08 AM   #39
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
He was never convicted because of who's lies????????

"why yes officer, he is studying to be a bovine proctologist, he had his pants and boxers off so they wouldn't get soiled while he was on his knees taking notes"....Jeasus spare me, I swear....

p.s. have fun with those cards, they're the ones your brother gave me....I hope you signed them nice and neat so they can read your name.
PS on yourself, Buttwipe. Speaking of which, that burning and itching you've been talking about? You may want to aak the pool boy what he did to clear it up...I'm pretty sure that's where it came from. Or the lawn crew. Or the gas station guy. Or your brother. Or your Dad.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:23 AM   #40
seruzawa
The Toad

Youse guys are disturbing the board too much now. Time to settle down. I want you each get a piece of paper and write on both sides "How to keep an idiot busy all day. Turn this page over for the answer." Now study it. There will be a test next week.