Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle Magazine Discussion

Old 08-27-2007, 01:00 PM   #21
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

American Iron for HD stuff. Donny Peterson is great, he beats the crap out of HD almost every issue. The rest is ok...

Cycle World and Motorcyclist for a couple of the regular contributors and the new products/bikes info.

Motorcycle Classics because they focus on cool Euro/Japanese bikes from the 60's and 70's.

Motorcycle.com every frikin day at GE because of the fabulous crew of regulars! (I love you guys, no really, in a manly, motorcyclist sort of way.)

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-27-2007, 02:14 PM   #22
seruzawa
The Toad

Default In other words......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
American Iron for HD stuff. Donny Peterson is great, he beats the crap out of HD almost every issue. The rest is ok...

Cycle World and Motorcyclist for a couple of the regular contributors and the new products/bikes info.

Motorcycle Classics because they focus on cool Euro/Japanese bikes from the 60's and 70's.

Motorcycle.com every frikin day at GE because of the fabulous crew of regulars! (I love you guys, no really, in a manly, motorcyclist sort of way.)
... you're going on vacation with sarnali?
Old 08-27-2007, 02:40 PM   #23
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Does this mean we're through? YOU BASTARD!!!
Old 08-27-2007, 02:41 PM   #24
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Default PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
... you're going on vacation with sarnali?
I want the espresso machine back.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:45 PM   #25
silentgrayfellow
Founding Member

If I could revive this thread from the dead, I subscribe to Rider, American Rider, Motorcycle Consumer News, Ride Texas Magazine, and Motorcyclist. I like Clem Salvadori, and I get his writing in both Rider and American Rider. Motorcycle Consumer News is no nonsense and no advertising. Ride Texas helps me find great places to ride in Texas (not that I have any trouble on my own). Motorcyclist, just hasn't been the same since Burns left. Yeah, I know, ancient history, but Burns is the reason I subscribed in the first place. Now it seems like they are re-inventing the magazine every quarter or so. Glad to see Aaron Frank is back.

On another note, does it bother anyone else that they send you a renewal notice almost immediately after you subscribe? And they play up "renew now to insure you don't miss an issue". >
silentgrayfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 02:13 PM   #26
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentgrayfellow View Post
If I could revive this thread from the dead, I subscribe to Rider, American Rider, Motorcycle Consumer News, Ride Texas Magazine, and Motorcyclist. I like Clem Salvadori, and I get his writing in both Rider and American Rider. Motorcycle Consumer News is no nonsense and no advertising. Ride Texas helps me find great places to ride in Texas (not that I have any trouble on my own). Motorcyclist, just hasn't been the same since Burns left. Yeah, I know, ancient history, but Burns is the reason I subscribed in the first place. Now it seems like they are re-inventing the magazine every quarter or so. Glad to see Aaron Frank is back.

On another note, does it bother anyone else that they send you a renewal notice almost immediately after you subscribe? And they play up "renew now to insure you don't miss an issue". >
My Mom had to fake her own death to get Reader's Digest to stop her subscription.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:29 PM   #27
V2Rider
Premium Member

I get four through the mail: Cycle World, Motorcyclist, Motorcycle Cruiser and RoadRunner.

I occasionally pick up Biker, EasyRider, Iron Horse and whatever else may catch my attention.

RoadRunner is a great magazine. They do road test on bikes but the major focus is on the ride. They chronicle rides all over the U.S. and overseas and provide small maps of the routes.

Last edited by V2Rider : 10-04-2007 at 04:31 PM.
V2Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 05:36 PM   #28
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I believe former MO staffer Eric Bass is still at RoadRunner. I like that mag. Haven't read one in a while though.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:47 AM   #29
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Wait a goddam minute here, I paid for the espresso machine!!
And the ice cube trays, I get home and the ice cube trays are gone from the freezer! what kind of sick bytch takes the ice cube trays out of the freezer??

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:59 AM   #30
trenttheuncatchable
Founding Member

I subscribe to MCN because it has the most comprehensive bike test specifications reports; no one else even comes close. Two Wheel Tuner because I'm into sportbikes and their customization possibilities. AMA and Honda because it's part of the membership. Cycle World because it has comprehensive coverage (not the insurance kind) and because it's so darn cheap. And Rider because, well I figured for $12/year I'd give it a try. But I'm not sure I'll renew that one.
trenttheuncatchable is offline   Reply With Quote