Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2009 Suzuki Boulevard M90 Review - First Ride (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/9958-2009-suzuki-boulevard-m90-review-first-ride.html)

Administrator 11-07-2008 02:59 PM

2009 Suzuki Boulevard M90 Review - First Ride

Original Article:

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2009 Suzuki Boulevard M90 Review - First Ride in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

pdad13 11-07-2008 03:06 PM

Not so pretty, is she?

mscuddy 11-07-2008 03:11 PM

Nice looking sled. Dig that left sidecase that looks like an..um..pressure cooker or something. Suzuki was never my favorite Japanese bike (stuff like the TS185 & Cyclone) but the new machines are just swell.

sarnali2 11-07-2008 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscuddy (Post 197364)
Nice looking sled. Dig that left sidecase that looks like an..um..pressure cooker or something. Suzuki was never my favorite Japanese bike (stuff like the TS185 & Cyclone) but the new machines are just swell.

I can't see any shots of the left side..must be a pig and they don't want to show it.

mscuddy 11-07-2008 04:29 PM

Jeez, I meant the RIGHT sidecase...you're right, no pics of the left side...maybe a big hairy wart on the left side panel? Hey, that might be a new market, like plastic dog poop.

Dr_Sprocket 11-08-2008 03:24 AM

First thought

My first thought is, "It's okay." Then, I was looking at the MO main page with the pic at the top and noticed how eerily similar it is to the V-Rod Muscle (take a look - you'll see what I mean). Wierd!

MOKE1K 11-08-2008 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by administrator (Post 197362)
Original Article:

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2009 Suzuki Boulevard M90 Review - First Ride in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

The shop has already recieved one, and up close, I guess its alright. I would never want to own a smaller version of an original large powerhouse cruiser though. But for a woman, it could serve as a good alterative.

Theres people who actually think they can buy the 1800 as a first bike.

seruzawa 11-08-2008 06:26 AM

I guess they have no choice but those exhaust pipes they are putting on cruisers to meet the noise standards sort of ruin the entire thing. Not that the owners don't throw them away immediately.

anrajala 11-08-2008 07:07 AM

Where's the dyno

Looks good, apart from that plastic 70s style Soviet toilet fitting substituting the head light. This thing should be put on a dyno. Otherwise hard to think of it as anything more than one more run-of-the-mill mild gutless low-power midsize cruiser. Plain bloody vanilla in the motor department. Everybody has one already.

- cruiz-euro

MOKE1K 11-08-2008 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anrajala (Post 197392)
Looks good, apart from that plastic 70s style Soviet toilet fitting substituting the head light. This thing should be put on a dyno. Otherwise hard to think of it as anything more than one more run-of-the-mill mild gutless low-power midsize cruiser. Plain bloody vanilla in the motor department. Everybody has one already.

- cruiz-euro

Typical numbers on the vzr1800 are around 110hp.