Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2009 Kawasaki ZX-6R Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/9943-2009-kawasaki-zx-6r-review.html)

Administrator 11-05-2008 11:56 AM

2009 Kawasaki ZX-6R Review

Original Article:

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2009 Kawasaki ZX-6R Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

EmeraldCityKnght 11-05-2008 05:14 PM

Very nice review! Love the video. Can't wait for the Super sport shootout. Can you include the ABS version of the CBR in that shootout? I think it would be an interesting comparison especially from your expert rider perspective. Should the average rider, like me, who rides 99% of the time on the street pay for ABS on a 600 Supersport? I suspect really good riders like you, who spend a lot on the track, will probably not want ABS but I could be wrong. Excellent work Kevin. Seems like Honda has raised the bar with ABS. Does the CBR have has good slipper clutch? You can see why I can't wait for your shoot-out

Kevin_Duke 11-05-2008 05:39 PM

Thanks for the kudos, ECK! We also are looking forward to finding out how well the Combined ABS works on the CBR - Honda tells us the system is improved from the one favorably reviewed by European press several months ago. And, although not mentioned in Honda's PR, we've since found out the CBR6 will receive an increase in midrange power on the '09 bike. Sadly, still no slipper clutch, but that didn't stop us from naming the CBR as our favorite 600 last year.

BrowningBAR 11-06-2008 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by administrator (Post 197169)
Finally, is it just me or does nearly $10,000 seem pricey for a middleweight sportbike (even if the Kawi is priced competitively with its competition)?

It does, and it isn't a dig at Kawasaki as both Yamaha (10,199) and Honda (10,799) are both more expensive.

The 2000 R6 was $7,999 and is now 10,190
The 2000 R1 was $10,299 and is now 12,490

The 2000 GSX-R600 was $7,849 and is now $9,799
The 2000 TL1000R was $9,599 and the GSX-R1000 is now $12,199

Kenneth_Moore 11-06-2008 01:03 PM

As much as I enjoy my subscriptions to Motorcyclist, Cycle World, etc., I'm never going to open them up and watch a video of the reviewer taking the bike on the track. Going on board with Mr. Duke was great, especially the wheelies. And when the dialog was interrupted by the sound from the track, that was just cool.

This is why Motorcycle.com is the future; it's the multi-media, the immediate feedback from the writers and editors, and the links to the manufacturer sites.

I'd still like to see some further leverage of the media. Maybe "Webinars" on topics of interest, online chats with industry people (racers, product designers, etc.). I expect that will come someday, but for now, y'all have got best general interest M/C site going.

Kevin_Duke 11-06-2008 01:35 PM

Great to hear, KM! Yeah, having videos really helps set us apart from print mags, and we think they're a bit part of the future of internet publishing. We imagine our readers watch the accompanying video in our bike tests, but do you all?

It's taken a lot of effort to get MO to where it is today, and I'd like to credit an excellent team pulling together during some trying circumstances. Remember the old days when there might be just two bike tests a month? Now we have two each week! Pete has really upped his writing game, and Fonz has been a champ at creating strong video content on short deadlines and often with mediocre footage to work with.

Stick around with us as we further expand what can be done on the web, as there's no shortage of good ideas around here. BTW, have you checked out our new blog section of the site, The Sidecar? It's a fun place to go for daily snippets of motorcycle-related info.

Anyway, thanks to you all for making Motorcycle.com one of your favorite places to point a browser!

MOKE1K 11-06-2008 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by administrator (Post 197169)
Original Article:

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2009 Kawasaki ZX-6R Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Cant wait to ride one, thanks for the vid,....n i c e!!!

Hopefully they will give alot more competition to the 600supersport classes.