Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 11-06-2008, 12:19 PM   #51
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityKnght View Post
Very well written. I agree with your conclusions. Even though I love the sound of Harleys and my own R6 when it's wound up, I would love to commute on an electric bike. It would be so awesome to ride a bike that I could plug in at night and never go to the gas station. A little more speed and range and these guys will have that bike. Thanks
Zach
My only concern with the electric vehicles is that electricity prices will be growing to a 60% increase by 2010. What is the cost of charging one of these vehicles? I am not saying this as a dig against the technology, but as more of a detail that needs to be listed to find out the true cost of owning and operating an electric vehicle.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2008, 12:40 AM   #52
EmeraldCityKnght
Banned

Great point. But we do have lots of coal fired power plants, some natural gas plants that generate electricity at a central location and we could build more nuclear plants. I know that's unpopular but electricity is much easier for the average joe the commuter to handle than hydrogen, natural gas even. The infrastructure and distribution method is already here in the form of your local power grid. Biofuels take lots of land and may not have the positive energy ratio the supporters say they do. But you make a good point. How are we going to generate all of that electrical power and at what cost. Fortunatly we have lots of coal if we get desperate and it doesn't take as long to build coal plants as nuclear plants.
EmeraldCityKnght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 01:18 AM   #53
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
Will there be a follow up article on this or maybe a long term report?
Looks like we'll get on an '09 bike before this year has ended. Stay tuned.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:07 AM   #54
anrajala
Founding Member

Default D-day was merely a small incident

Well longride, its good to talk to old ladies, but you ought to read something also.

Have you heard of Operation Bagration? 2,3 million Russians attack and maul 50 German divisions in one operation. That's what I call war.

Operation Bagration: Soviet Offensive of 1944 » HistoryNet

Of course other smaller incidents happened also. Such as Stalingrad with combined caualties of 1,5 million. And Kursk, the biggest tank battle and the bloodiest air battle of all times.

So how does the little sideshow at the Atlantic coast compare to all this mayhem? The D-Day cost 10,000 allied casualities, of which 1,400 Americans. All the respect for all these good boys, but the real war was waged elsewhere.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:15 AM   #55
pplassm
Founding Member

Will you please STFU?

Take this somewhere else. All of you.

Where's Zod when you need him?
Old 11-07-2008, 02:58 PM   #56
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Please Zod, liberate us from the BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pplassm View Post
Will you please STFU?

Take this somewhere else. All of you.

Where's Zod when you need him?
Sorry to bring you to the reality. Those guys on Normandy beaches, they were brave nevertheless.

Also, to all my UK friends, who still think they liberated Europe from nazism, after bravely hunkering down in their miserable pissy little island for the three crucial years: you did your best.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 06:34 PM   #57
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
Sorry to bring you to the reality. Those guys on Normandy beaches, they were brave nevertheless.

Also, to all my UK friends, who still think they liberated Europe from nazism, after bravely hunkering down in their miserable pissy little island for the three crucial years: you did your best.

- cruiz-euro
Well, sounds like it was a Damn Good Thing that Russia came-along when it did to Liberate Europe. Without the Freedom-Loving Leaders of the USSR, all of Eastern Europe would have been living beneath some kind of Nazi "Iron Curtain" for the last Fifty Years or so.

Dodged THAT Jackboot, eh?
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...

Last edited by The_AirHawk : 11-07-2008 at 06:39 PM.
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:48 AM   #58
cenesdelavega
Registered Member

Sorry for being ignorant, but does this mean we might be seeing these bikes in competitions soon?

"Motocrosser and supermoto superstar, Micky Dymond, plugged himself into the Zero X. He thinks “…the Zero could be faster than conventional ’crossers."

Or is using an electric "illegal" in competition?

Roger
cenesdelavega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:45 AM   #59
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Electric vehicles are so new and widely divergent that it will be difficult to have a fair race class. That said, there will be a race at the '09 Isle Of Man event for electric bikes.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:08 PM   #60
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Same party of traitors that did us in then are doing us in now.
Maybe I'm mis-reading your comments here, but wasn't it a Democratic President who got us into the war in spite of heavy Republican opposition (until Pearl Harbor), and wasn't it another Democratic President who set the precent for meeting Communism on every front, starting with Korea?

Are you calling the men, women, and govenment who defeated worldwide Fascism traitors? Again, I must be reading this wrong...