Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 11-06-2008, 06:24 AM   #41
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Will there be a follow up article on this or maybe a long term report?

Also, are there plans to lower the price if/when production hits larger numbers?

Also, I see that the range is 40 miles, but it doesn't say at what speed. If it is 40 miles at the top speed of 55, than that is amazing and tops other products by quite a bit. Any word on how the range and speed coincide? (I didn't see it in the article...might have missed it, though)

"A Supermoto-styled commuter bike, dubbed the Zero ā€˜Sā€™, will be released soon. It will have lights and a speedometer and be fully road-legal in the U.S. As this story went to press, the details were still secret, but Neal told me that the street bike will have a 50% larger battery and be geared for a top speed of 70 miles an hour. That should yield a minimum range of 150 miles; potentially a lot further, depending on your average speed."
-That is pretty cool. Again, is the 150 mile range taken at top speed? How is the range defined.

This company seems (or at least claims) to be much further along than its competitors.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-06-2008, 06:32 AM   #42
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Frenchies are such cowards compared to Bush

Yeah the Frenchies are cowards. I remember watching the end of your last big war, Vietnam, how the people were scrambling to get to the last helicopters on top of the American embassy. While Vietgong was taking potshots at their asses I was wondering how much more cowardly the Frenchies must have looked when they were driven out of the country.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:42 AM   #43
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Bush outsmarted lots of dumbasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
It's really strange how such a nincompoop has managed to out maneuver all those left wingers with their self-professed superior intelligence and out maneuver them consistently for 8 solid years... ...The real nincompoops are the people who get outsmarted regularly by a "nincompoop".
I don't think he outsmarted left wingers. I don't think they ever voted for him. But he did outsmart indeed a lot of American people, some of whom are evident also on this thread.

When he was selected 2nd time it was already known that there were no WMDs in Iraq. It was all a big load of BS. Everybody knew they'd been fed stiff baloney from both ends. But he got still selected. I coudn't believe it.

So he did indeed outsmart a lot of people.

- cruiz-euro
Old 11-06-2008, 06:51 AM   #44
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
Yeah the Frenchies are cowards. I remember watching the end of your last big war, Vietnam, how the people were scrambling to get to the last helicopters on top of the American embassy. While Vietgong was taking potshots at their asses I was wondering how much more cowardly the Frenchies must have looked when they were driven out of the country.

- cruiz-euro
LOL! Only a euroweenie would use the results of lefty frenchified DemocRAT policies as an example. The Rats denied the South Vietnamese ammunition and air support. They enabled Pol Pot. Another atrocity at the hands of people like you.

And another example of how BushII is smarter than you and everyone like you.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:04 AM   #45
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Same party of traitors that did us in then are doing us in now. The only reason France isn't speaking German is because of us. The only reason they aren't speaking Russian is because of us. What were they going to do if Russia invaded? Same thing they did when the Germans invaded, dress up nicely,stand and watch the Russians march down the street and cry. Now they are an irrelevant little country that looks in the rear-view mirror for their greatness. They have a small hope in Sarkozy, who has some of the right ideas for actually instilling some pride and courage back into that country. I wish I could say the same four ours.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:01 AM   #46
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Brilliant idea: introducing democracy to Iraq

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Saddam must have thought he was dealing with Clinton. No such luck for him.
No such luck for American people either.

All these years of warring, all those military coffins, all those dead Iraqi civilians, thousand billion dollars down the toilet, US at the edge of financial bankrupcy. What was achieved?

Answer: one Saddam replaced by another.

- cruiz-euro
Old 11-06-2008, 08:25 AM   #47
anrajala
Founding Member

Default The quality of the French cars was saved by the yanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
The only reason France isn't speaking German is because of us.
This is not true. There is a very popular myth in the States (& UK) that the D-day saved the continent from the nazis. Fun fact for the flag waving idiots but totally false.

For your information:

Hitler attacked Russia in June 1941.
D-day was in June 1944.

By that time Germany had already lost the war. They had retreated 2000 km and left 1 million dead behind in the eastern front.

- cruiz-euro
Old 11-06-2008, 09:22 AM   #48
EmeraldCityKnght
Banned

Default Excellent Article

Very well written. I agree with your conclusions. Even though I love the sound of Harleys and my own R6 when it's wound up, I would love to commute on an electric bike. It would be so awesome to ride a bike that I could plug in at night and never go to the gas station. A little more speed and range and these guys will have that bike. Thanks
Zach
EmeraldCityKnght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:31 AM   #49
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
This is not true. There is a very popular myth in the States (& UK) that the D-day saved the continent from the nazis. Fun fact for the flag waving idiots but totally false.

For your information:

Hitler attacked Russia in June 1941.
D-day was in June 1944.

By that time Germany had already lost the war. They had retreated 2000 km and left 1 million dead behind in the eastern front.

- cruiz-euro

That's very true, the Red Army defeated Hitler. The Soviet Union bore the brunt of the fighting and suffered the most casualties and without them tying up over 15 Armored Divisions alone on the Eastern Front the Allies would not have had a hope in hell of landing on the continent.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:56 AM   #50
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

The real funny part is that we supplied England and Russia with food, arms and ammo for all those years they 'held out'. Without the US sea and air power along with all the tonnage we supplied for the vast majority of the war, Russia would have fallen and England would never have held out either. They BEGGED us to get into the war, we didn't beg them. I talked to a woman years ago that was in the Hitler Youth during the war. She told me that as soon as the US entered the war, most Germans immediately felt they would lose the war. She said they feared our industrial capacity, which they knew would prop up the failing 'Allies' until we brought military power to bear. That's pretty much that Frenchy. She also said they had a saying in Germany that troops win battles, but the industry capacity wins wars. How smart she was.

P.S. Forgot one thing. the US also fought the Japanese with the Brits. Think they would have been attacking Russia's backside if we didn't have them completely occupied? You betcha!

Last edited by longride : 11-06-2008 at 11:16 AM.
longride is offline   Reply With Quote