Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 11-05-2008, 01:07 PM   #21
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

First, there are not dozens of countries that would have a stranglehold on the world's oil supply, which is what Saddam sought. When John Kerry was asked if he would have done the same as Bush, he replied that he would have invaded too. That was 4 years into the war. Funny he said that, because there was obviously more at stake than WMD's, although just becuase they weren't 'found' doesn't mean they didn't exist. We didn't find Bin Laden either, so he doesn't really exist? Second, Bush didn't decide to go to war, Congress did, including most of the Democrats. Suddenly the war became 'not the cool thing to do anymore' and everyone pointed at Bush as demon and devil and the worst President ever, and most of the democrats showed their true colors and became traitors. We were going to be fighting a war there in the near future. That was 100% certain. Anybody that didn't believ that wasn't paying attention. We might as well fight it on our terms instead of theirs. Lincoln narrowly missed being voted out of office for Civil War unhappiness, so should he had let Sumter fall? I think history will show it wasn't a bad move 30 years from now when we can get the Liberal press to actually cover something fairly instead of demonizing a President for something that EVERYONE wanted. Too bad our gutless 'allies', the same ones that brought us WW I and WW II from stupidity and inaction, couldn't see their way to help us get this thing over faster. Was it right? I think so. Too bad we were the only ones that would take any action. Hell, our 'allies' had no problem with us bombing the wrong side in Serbia and partitioning the country, but somehow bombing Saddam was repulsive to those same people. How ironic.

Last edited by longride : 11-05-2008 at 01:13 PM.
longride is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-05-2008, 01:10 PM   #22
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
LR, if those were the criteria for invasion, we'd be in dozens of countries around the world. Everybody bought into invading Iraq because of the WMDs; I remember the news reports, press briefings, etc. day after day. People have to fix their own governments, be they communist or dictatorships. It never seems to work too well when somebody tries to do it for them.

BTW: at this point in time, do you think invading Iraq was the right thing to do? If you rolled back 6 years and had the information you have now, would you do it again?
Can't use hind sight here. The entire armed world believed that Iraq had the weapons. With everything that went on wouldn't it be possible for Bush to "plant" the weapons to make his case? He didn't. He stuck to his guns for three years before he admitted that they couldn't find anything. But he could have. The people that stood up to the former dictator were killed and that alone should be enough to remove him from office. It wasn't pretty. It wasn't nice and no one offered the lube when we were bent over. In the end Bush made the right call for all the wrong reasons. Although we're still there the light can be seen at the end of the tunnel. Iraqi's believe they will be ready for a complete exit by 2011. That's what Bush wanted the entire time. Not a time table but an estimate by Iraq of when they think they can take care of themselves.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:41 PM   #23
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Bush apologists no.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Second, Bush didn't decide to go to war, Congress did, including most of the Democrats. Suddenly the war became 'not the cool thing to do anymore' and everyone pointed at Bush as demon and devil and the worst President ever
Well the congress did not decide, they only gave the powers for the president. It was the Man On The Wheel who decided. Anyways good to see that there are people who have not lost the faith on the Man On The Wheel.

Some setbacks, surely, but hey, who doesn't make any mistakes?

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:43 PM   #24
anrajala
Founding Member

Default frenchies are more sophisticated

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
Can't use hind sight here. The entire armed world believed that Iraq had the weapons.
That's not true. The Frenchies pointed it out very clearly and loudly that all this was complete and utter nonsense. For their valiant efforts you labelled them "cheese eating surrender monkeys" and the french fries were promptly named "freedom fries". Good going.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:05 PM   #25
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
Well the congress did not decide, they only gave the powers for the president. It was the Man On The Wheel who decided. Anyways good to see that there are people who have not lost the faith on the Man On The Wheel.

- cruiz-euro
What's your excuse, quisling?
Old 11-05-2008, 02:19 PM   #26
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post

- cruiz-euro
Congress did decide. Without thier approval, there is no war, get it? Their vote allowed The Man On The Wheel to do what they knew he would do. They voted FOR WAR. Even you could possibly figure that out.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:24 PM   #27
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Yeah, like the cowards knew anything at all. They knew the Maginot Line was going to hold Hitler back forever too. Who'd a thunk he'd actually go around it and take the capital with barely a shot fired? Should we do the 'How many Frenchmen does it take to defend Paris' joke? Some setbacks, surely, but hey, who doesn't make any mistakes? Same Frenchies that gave Michael Moore an award for his 'documentary' right?

Last edited by longride : 11-05-2008 at 02:50 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:38 PM   #28
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Hey You - Frenchie! You t'rowing da' ball! You so Frenchie - you no can spering "Norf Korea" wifout Frenchie accent!................

Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:07 PM   #29
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"If in Europe an administration would so totally and absolutely fail in every meaningful respect, people would not vote for them any more. 47%?"

We had a Senator for 4 years in the state I live in that has the highest murder rate in the world, a 50% high school dropout rate in the largest city here, crime is up 35%, the state is going bankrupt, and has the largest amount of political corruption this side of any city in Turkey you could name, and that Senator got 63 million votes to be President. The only things that 'changed', got worse. I hope he brings the same 'hope' and 'change' to the rest of the country and the world that he brought to us.

Last edited by longride : 11-05-2008 at 04:12 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:20 PM   #30
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"If in Europe an administration would so totally and absolutely fail in every meaningful respect, people would not vote for them any more. 47%?"

We had a Senator for 4 years in the state I live in that has the highest murder rate in the world, a 50% high school dropout rate in the largest city here, crime is up 35%, the state is going bankrupt, and has the largest amount of political corruption this side of any city in Turkey you could name, and that Senator got 63 million votes to be President. The only things that 'changed', got worse. I hope he brings the same 'hope' and 'change' to the rest of the country and the world that he brought to us.
To this day, the only Arkansans that admit to voting for Clinton always add the modifier "I just voted for him to GET HIM OUT OF ARKANSAS........"

Well, I s'pose it worked.

Feh.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote