Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2009 Victory Models Review – Vegas Jackpot, Hammer, Hammer Sport (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/9858-2009-victory-models-review-vegas-jackpot-hammer-hammer-sport.html)

Administrator 10-24-2008 03:05 PM

2009 Victory Models Review – Vegas Jackpot, Hammer, Hammer Sport

Original Article:
2009 Victory Models Review – Vegas Jackpot, Hammer, Hammer Sport

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2009 Victory Models Review – Vegas Jackpot, Hammer, Hammer Sport in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Kenneth_Moore 10-24-2008 05:32 PM

Pete, that's a great article with an equally great video; edits be damned!

It looks like one the guys is wiping a tear there with the CHP...maybe just a bug in his eye?

If I recall correctly, when the Vision came out R-Lan Ness was the one saying "it wasn't me." Guess he came around and decided to do the bling thing on them. Cha-ching!

mscuddy 10-25-2008 10:20 AM

Great suff Pete, dig those motors in the Victory. The sound too. But how come I don't see any victory bikes anywhere? Not even at Newcomb's Ranch, where you see everything?

Well it's off to El Mirage in the Handi Van for SCTA fun. Hairball Racing's '75 Monza with the 305 cu.in. blown alcohol 1300 hp motor might break the 250 mph mark today, with the new motor (dry sump).

See, I might be half-dead but most of the important parts still work.

sarnali2 10-25-2008 10:33 AM

M.O. sets the bar for future road tests!... if you don't get at least one ticket ya' may as well stay home..

Too bad Victory don't have an Automatic Suspension Selector between cruise mode and zippin' around mode, then thsy could call it "The A.S.S Hammer"...get it?? Ass Hammer.. because it sounds like a fart?....

Well I thought it was funny ......

Pete_Brissette 10-25-2008 03:17 PM

Sniff

"I love you, man!" :rolleyes:

Thanks for the kudos. With the dozen or so reg'lr posters in here, I don't need no one else. ;)

Pete_Brissette 10-25-2008 03:17 PM

Good Question

"But how come I don't see any victory bikes anywhere? Not even at Newcomb's Ranch, where you see everything?"

I dunno. Good question. They're no more expensive than any other of the kabillion customs out here, and much more reliable at that. My guess is market penetration. They have or had around 300 dealers, but my suspicion is that Victory is more of a regional thing; mostly in the midwest. My last memory of seeing a customer-owned Vic was at a riding school at Horse Thief Mile. One was from Truckee and the other from Vegas; both ridden TO Willow. Impressive IMO...

Kenneth_Moore 10-25-2008 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete_Brissette (Post 196578)
My guess is market penetration. They have or had around 300 dealers, but my suspicion is that Victory is more of a regional thing; mostly in the midwest.

Victory of South Florida is run by a terrific couple. The owner is one of the nicest guys in the biz around here. He and his wife are at every event; they frequently bring new bikes to show off at the Sunday morning gathering out at Everglades Park, etc. They've kept away from the "stealership" attitude, and everybody I've talked to who bought bikes there tells me they're treated like "Friends and Family." As opposed to Rick Case Honda, where motorcycles are sold in the thousands by salesholes with a 3 month job rotation.

Pompano Beach, Florida, VIctory, motorcycle, dealer, used, parts, accessories, apparel

seruzawa 10-25-2008 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 196572)
M.O. sets the bar for future road tests!... if you don't get at least one ticket ya' may as well stay home..

Too bad Victory don't have an Automatic Suspension Selector between cruise mode and zippin' around mode, then thsy could call it "The A.S.S Hammer"...get it?? Ass Hammer.. because it sounds like a fart?....

Well I thought it was funny ......

Any more jokes like that and my boot will become your A.S.S. Hammer.

Auphliam 10-27-2008 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete_Brissette (Post 196578)
"But how come I don't see any victory bikes anywhere? Not even at Newcomb's Ranch, where you see everything?"

I dunno. Good question. They're no more expensive than any other of the kabillion customs out here, and much more reliable at that. My guess is market penetration. They have or had around 300 dealers, but my suspicion is that Victory is more of a regional thing; mostly in the midwest. My last memory of seeing a customer-owned Vic was at a riding school at Horse Thief Mile. One was from Truckee and the other from Vegas; both ridden TO Willow. Impressive IMO...

They seem to be gaining real strength east of the Mississippi. Starting to see alot around Pennsylvania. Volume was picking up nicely a few years back because we had one of the best dealers in the country just down the road. Alas, the owner fell ill and died and that kind of stopped the growth. A new dealer has opened up a couple years now and things are really picking up.

There's just so damn many Harley's around here, the market really is saturated with HDs. I think people are just looking for that one possible alternative that is American. Right now, the only alternative is Victory.

Kenneth_Moore 10-27-2008 12:30 PM

I'm taking back all the rotten things I said about the Vision. The former (I learned yesterday he sold his dealership a few months ago) owner of the Victory shop in town had a silver Vision at the Sunday am bike gathering in Everglades Park. I really began to like it! The styling is starting to look "right" to me, but what really got me was the quality of the bike. Looking it over carefully, I found the fit and finish easily matched HD's, if not better. The back end with the top case is still troubling, but the view from any other angle was awesome. I don't expect to be in that market segment for another decade or so, but if I were, I would be lining up a test ride.