Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 10-15-2008, 02:21 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default 2009 Yamaha V-Star 950 Review - First Ride

Original Article:
<a href="http://www.motorcycle.com//manufacturer/2009-star-vstar-950-review-first-ride-86988.html">2009 Yamaha V-Star 950 Review - First Ride</a>

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2009 Star V-Star 950 Review - First Ride in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Last edited by administrator : 10-17-2008 at 11:41 AM.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-16-2008, 12:10 PM   #2
acecycleins
Founding Member

Kevin-
Less than 1 hr from my home (most of N GA is) and you didn't call. I'm crushed. Where did y'all meet- Kennesaw?
Did you get to Suches to play on "the Loop"?
Old 10-16-2008, 12:52 PM   #3
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Sorry, Ace. Too busy grinding down floorboards on your superb roads to keep track of where we rodes. We stayed at the Kingwood Resort in Clayton and did an eastward loop. I remember seeing some sort of sign for Suches, tho I don't know exactly where we were.

I don't want to spoil things for Ace, but any of you readers would be wise to schedule a trip around his area. Fantastic roads among the rolling hills, and Oct seems to be a perfect time to visit. Warm daytime temps, almost no bugs, and a lovely display of fall colors on the lush trees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
Kevin-
Less than 1 hr from my home (most of N GA is) and you didn't call. I'm crushed. Where did y'all meet- Kennesaw?
Did you get to Suches to play on "the Loop"?
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:34 PM   #4
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

I know I'll be dating myself here (what? No corsage?) but since when did 920 cee cees become "small"? That thing's a friggin tank...not compaired to the other mega cruisers, but it's still a BIG BIKE. Hey, that might be a good name for a magazine...
Old 10-16-2008, 02:09 PM   #5
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
I know I'll be dating myself here (what? No corsage?) but since when did 920 cee cees become "small"? That thing's a friggin tank...not compaired to the other mega cruisers, but it's still a BIG BIKE. Hey, that might be a good name for a magazine...
Well, I didn't (and won't) call it small. And I disagree with Star's term of "entry cruiser." However, it's much easier to handle than a big cruiser. The bike's greatest strength is that it looks bigger (and more substantial and expensive) than it rides or actually costs.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:01 PM   #6
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Sorry, I mixed up the displacement sentence "belies its relatively small displacement" with the size of the bike. Those anti-psycotic drugs I got from KPaul are kicking in I guess...
Old 10-16-2008, 08:32 PM   #7
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
Sorry, Ace. Too busy grinding down floorboards on your superb roads to keep track of where we rodes. We stayed at the Kingwood Resort in Clayton and did an eastward loop. I remember seeing some sort of sign for Suches, tho I don't know exactly where we were.

I don't want to spoil things for Ace, but any of you readers would be wise to schedule a trip around his area. Fantastic roads among the rolling hills, and Oct seems to be a perfect time to visit. Warm daytime temps, almost no bugs, and a lovely display of fall colors on the lush trees.
You just have to watch out for 2 things this time of year:

Tour D'Georgia Bicycle Race - absolutely FORGET trying to get anywhere, or do anything when this is going-on. Sure, GADOT sweeps the bikeroute roads free of gravel and sand, but both lanes are littered with ******* bicyclists ten-abreast.

Blue-haired Leaf Maggots. They pay less attention to other traffic than the ******* bicyclists, if that's possible. Only, they're driving 2-1/2-ton Killing Machines disguised as rolling roadblocks..........

I've never met elsewhere people as friendly as those that actually LIVE in Appalachia, though.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote