Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Why They Ride: DVD Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/9757-why-they-ride-dvd-review.html)

Administrator 10-10-2008 11:56 AM

Why They Ride: DVD Review

Original Article:
Why They Ride: DVD Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Why They Ride: DVD Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

opie 10-12-2008 10:29 AM

Seriously, Guys... "Tale of the Dragon"???

It's not a bedtime story about a dragon. It's a curvy road, you know? Like a dragon's tail?

Last time I rode it I was on my R1150RT with my wife, topbox, and saddlebags full of traveling luggage. I ground down both sides of my centerstand.

================================

Thanks for correcting it. Great story. Great road.

Kenneth_Moore 10-12-2008 04:55 PM

A chick movie with guys on bikes. Sweet Jesus, it's "The Brotherhood of the Traveling Recon Kevlar Re-Inforced Pants."

DBrent 10-20-2008 04:03 AM

I liked this DVD

A few months back, I reviewed this film and really liked it.

"The 90-minute film will entertain you, and you'll probably watch it once by yourself, and then ask your family to watch it with you a second time, saying, "Watch this. It explains why I ride."

The Wilkinson Brothers demonstrate some visual creativity in their first endeavor at film making. It's surely a carry over from their graphic arts studio. If you think this might be one of those home movies where someone straps a camera onto their helmet or bike and rides. You'll be wrong. It is a pretty good film that explains motorcycling like no other film I've ever seen."

You can read the whole review and listen to a conversation with the film producers here: DVD Review: Why They Ride at Sojourn Chronicles.

Brent

longride 10-20-2008 06:01 AM

At least for myself, I don't need any movie to explain motorcycling to me. I already know what it's about.

The_AirHawk 10-20-2008 08:26 AM

I haven't a clue what Motorcycling is about.

Will somebody please give me a hint?

seruzawa 10-20-2008 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 196211)
I haven't a clue what Motorcycling is about.

Will somebody please give me a hint?

Apparently where I live its about making as much exhaust noise as you can including a lot of backfiring.

longride 10-20-2008 09:56 AM

I try do do that even while I'm not in any vehicle.

The_AirHawk 10-20-2008 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 196223)
I try do do that even while I'm not in any vehicle.

You should give up smoking if you're gonna do that...........

sarnali2 10-20-2008 11:08 AM

Simply put, I ride because I have claustrophbia and it's quicker than walking...........

On a side note, I can't believe all the fuss about 11 miles of twisties, you guys really need to get out of the city once in awhile..