Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2009 Buell 1125CR Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/9699-2009-buell-1125cr-review.html)

Administrator 10-03-2008 04:00 PM

2009 Buell 1125CR Review

Original Article:
2009 Buell 1125CR Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2009 Buell 1125CR Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

mscuddy 10-03-2008 06:57 PM

I dunno laddie, looks like a big ugly dung beetle. Might be fast and all that, but OOOG-LEEE! Not like my classy City-X...now that was a motorcycle...

BrowningBAR 10-03-2008 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscuddy (Post 195127)
I dunno laddie, looks like a big ugly dung beetle. Might be fast and all that, but OOOG-LEEE! Not like my classy City-X...now that was a motorcycle...

That's the motorcycle that was in the shop quite a bit, wasn't it.

longride 10-04-2008 05:38 AM

Ya know, if they put a real motor in one of those things, I just might buy one.

acecycleins 10-04-2008 06:46 AM

I like the look a little better than the R. Remember that HD patent for the MP3 leaning front? Wonder what the R would look like with that set-up. If the technology HD is using is similar to Piaggio's the R's big ol nose may not look so big anymore. Just a thought about engineering wonders.

Kenneth_Moore 10-04-2008 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscuddy (Post 195127)

I think corn liquor and time have softened the memories of that bike. When I joined MO you had at least a few rants a week about that "POS Buell" of yours. Then again, I have the same kind sentiment for every bike I hated "back then."

As for the CR: I can't wait to see one in person. This might be my second bike. I'd love keep the Strom for 2 up and commuting and get something stupid fast for "recreational use" only. VMax II would be cool, but $18K? Yikes, that's Beemer money. Big ugly beetle?, that must be what the "B" in BKing stands for.

I guess the idea of buying a US bike (I know, with an Austrian engine, but stiil US built) that's modern, fast, and not "yet another Japanese sportbike" has a great deal of appeal to me.

mscuddy 10-04-2008 10:15 AM

Yes, everything's better when you look through time-warp goggles. You're right, I was pissed about the X cooking its top end in 5000 miles, but it was a fun 5000 miles (until mile 5001 when I got nailed).

Ah to ride once again...maybe I'd be better off resigning my title a stooper moderator, and like an old soldier just fade away. Guess I'm out of touch with the new stuff, but after 40+ years of loving everything on two wheels, it's hard to get it out of my blood.

Now leave me alone 'cause it's time to go work on the Go Devil.

giganto 10-04-2008 12:54 PM

..would love to love you buelly..

..trying to make this bike grow on me, trying.
Does look better without barn door out front, but..
Holy. Sheep. ****e. Its such an eyesore.
I must find one soon and see in person, so i can at least improve on photos.
I still love the idea of this bike, but the execution, not so much, not yet.

sarnali2 10-04-2008 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscuddy (Post 195151)
Ah to ride once again...maybe I'd be better off resigning my title a stooper moderator, and like an old soldier just fade away. Guess I'm out of touch with the new stuff, but after 40+ years of loving everything on two wheels, it's hard to get it out of my blood.

Now leave me alone 'cause it's time to go work on the Go Devil.

Forget it airdale, if you try to quit we'll find you. You're in for the haul shipmate.

I also have a stylin' pair of rose colored glass's, every bike I owned was excellent no matter how much of a turd I thought it was at the time. I think the Sporty engined Buells are the bees knees, I'd be happy to have one for a play bike.

schizuki 10-05-2008 07:36 AM

Look, mscuddy, if kpaul could hang around annoying us for years having never ridden a motorcycle, then a downed bike jock who's been riding for a hundred years can shoot the breeze from the sidelines until modern medicine grows him some new nerves someday. Don't go anywhere, dammit.