Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 10-05-2008, 07:40 AM   #11
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
I guess the idea of buying a US bike (I know, with an Austrian engine, but stiil US built) that's modern, fast, and not "yet another Japanese sportbike" has a great deal of appeal to me.
Same here, except it's the Firebolt I want so bad I can taste it. I dig the simplicity - air cooled, belt drive, and hydraulic adjusters (if I'm not mistaken.) I hate maintenance.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-05-2008, 08:09 AM   #12
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Thanks guys. It's tough sometimes, I'm glad I sold all my old bikes to neighbors...there goes the DT2 again, up and down the street...you all make me proud that I once rode with the best, and went out on top. I miss racing dirt bikes the most, wonder what that guy did with my old CR500? Ah, wtf..sh!t happpens, right?
Old 10-05-2008, 09:05 AM   #13
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

luck o' the draw my friend.....

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:38 PM   #14
Irish24
Registered Member

Default Mad science...

here's a bit extra on the technical side... Will be interesting to see what they do with it in the future:

A Lighter Frame for a Stronger Bike | Popular Science
Irish24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:09 PM   #15
tripleripple
Founding Member

Location: Lightly Fortified Compound (apartment): Chicago, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizuki View Post
Same here, except it's the Firebolt I want so bad I can taste it. I dig the simplicity - air cooled, belt drive, and hydraulic adjusters (if I'm not mistaken.) I hate maintenance.
I done it. After growing up on dirt bikes, cutting my teeth on friends' and dad's ninja 250, virago 535, cbr600, and finally first bike of triumph tbird 900 (awful "first" bike btw), got a firebolt. It's been nothing but Appy Times! (Borat) ever since. Only regret, oddly, is that I got the 1200. I think and have heard the 900 is a little more fun....it's the small block/big block comparison. Can't beat the 'bolt. Front tires are FREE!!!!!
tripleripple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 07:06 AM   #16
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleripple View Post
I done it. After growing up on dirt bikes, cutting my teeth on friends' and dad's ninja 250, virago 535, cbr600, and finally first bike of triumph tbird 900 (awful "first" bike btw), got a firebolt. It's been nothing but Appy Times! (Borat) ever since. Only regret, oddly, is that I got the 1200. I think and have heard the 900 is a little more fun....it's the small block/big block comparison. Can't beat the 'bolt. Front tires are FREE!!!!!

AHA ! Another Buell-igan! They're neat bikes, my buds got a XBR900 Firebolt, totally cool bike. Congradulations!

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:41 AM   #17
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleripple View Post
Now, you're gonna have to post a pic so you can share with the whole class.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:07 PM   #18
pplassm
Founding Member

Still have my XB9S in the garage. Every time I think of selling it, a quick ride tells me otherwise.

Not a big fan of the styling on the new Buells, but have yet to ride one. Maybe the ride is the sell.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:43 PM   #19
tripleripple
Founding Member

Location: Lightly Fortified Compound (apartment): Chicago, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
Now, you're gonna have to post a pic so you can share with the whole class.
You got me...I don't actually have one. Don't even ride, never have.

Just kidding....I've had the F'Bolt for two years now and used to have it as my avatar pic, but sadly just searched through the 'puter, and don't even have one picture of it**. You'll just have to take my word. The avatar was a bad one though, as I was riding in jeans and a long sleeve tee shirt (helmet was properly affixed to my noggin though!). I'll tell you this, though, and you probably know it from your Uly...the 1200 motor shakes like nuts until exactly 3000 rpm then it's like glass. Same experience on yours?

Last edited by tripleripple : 12-06-2008 at 09:58 PM. Reason: ** I think I do have pics, but they're in the same folder as the pics of my ex and I really don't want to see her face!
tripleripple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:51 AM   #20
spikegomez
Registered Member

2009 Buell 1125CR, I think it improves the body... it looks more cool...