Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2009 BMW F800GS Review - First Ride (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/9688-2009-bmw-f800gs-review-first-ride.html)

Administrator 10-02-2008 02:59 PM

2009 BMW F800GS Review - First Ride

Original Article:
2009 BMW F800GS Review - First Ride

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2009 BMW F800GS Review - First Ride in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Dr_Sprocket 10-02-2008 03:59 PM

Why must I be like that?

This makes me want to buy one. Man... I feel like I've been caught cheatin' (on my gal, Buella).

Why must I be like that?
Why must I chase the cat?
'Nuthin but the dog in me

The_AirHawk 10-02-2008 04:31 PM

Bichin' Bike.

I think I know what my next moto will be - but with finances like they are at the moment, it's gonna be a year or two (or ten).

BrowningBAR 10-02-2008 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 195025)
This makes me want to buy one. Man... I feel like I've been caught cheatin' (on my gal, Buella).

Why must I be like that?
Why must I chase the cat?
'Nuthin but the dog in me

I'm liking the fact that some of the past MO posters have been appearing again.

Dr_Sprocket 10-03-2008 04:38 AM

Yeah. This year was the "year of the bicycle" for me. Now that that's winding down, I have a little more time for BSing... and riding my moto-sykuhl.

Headin' out today for a 8-day trip to the Adirondacks (Lake George, Lake Placid, etc.). Woo-hoo!

sarnali2 10-03-2008 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 195067)
Yeah. This year was the "year of the bicycle" for me. Now that that's winding down, I have a little more time for BSing... and riding my moto-sykuhl.

Headin' out today for a 8-day trip to the Adirondacks (Lake George, Lake Placid, etc.). Woo-hoo!

Cool, when I was a kid we used to go sking and camping there. My dad was big into rally cars as well as bikes so we used to hit Watkins Glen every year too. Nice place, have a ball !

giganto 10-03-2008 12:20 PM

is gud, no?

Seems like a cant miss bike, and looks good in ole Bumblebee zoot suit.
This year continues to be Year Of Feet, Pedals, and occasionally XR600.
I'll take one..if i can draw pictures of legal tender in exchange for the key and title.
Pete- clean out both ear canals, or one will itch all day.
Depictions of nature are made better with bikes in the frame.

acecycleins 10-03-2008 12:22 PM

Pete- will the ST rims/brakes slide right in place. I'm thinkin this would be a b!tchin' SM, too.

seruzawa 10-03-2008 12:33 PM

If BMW is going to attract younger buyers they might just have more success with this middleweight offering than the poor performing 650X series or the overpriced K1200S series. The price point isn't completely unreasonable.... it's fairly in line with Honda. And it doesn't look like every cookie-cutteur race replica or cruiser out there. It's usable for any type of real world street riding with a minimal off road capacity. Certainly the reduced weight makes it a more attractive adventure bike than the porcine 1200.

Hope it works out for them. They have the same aging demographic problem that HD has.

pplassm 10-04-2008 08:40 AM

That's the firdt BMW I've seen that I'd consider buying.