Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2009 Honda Motorcycles Released (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/9687-2009-honda-motorcycles-released.html)

Administrator 10-02-2008 01:55 PM

2009 Honda Motorcycles Released

Original Article:
<a href="http://www.motorcycle.com//manufacturer/honda/2009-honda-motorcycles-released-86951.html">2009 Honda Motorcycles Released</a>

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2009 Honda Motorcycles Released in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

acecycleins 10-02-2008 02:07 PM

Dear Honda,
Thank you for bringing the funky DT-01. Problem is you're selling a $9500 bike for 50% than it's worth in this market. Sorry to tell you that you are doomed to sell as many of these as the Rune. Please get back to me when your your marketing people stop using inhalants and price the bike properly.

Buzglyd 10-02-2008 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acecycleins (Post 195017)
Dear Honda,
Thank you for bringing the funky DT-01. Problem is you're selling a $9500 bike for 50% than it's worth in this market. Sorry to tell you that you are doomed to sell as many of these as the Rune. Please get back to me when your your marketing people stop using inhalants and price the bike properly.

I like it too. It reminds me of a modernized version of the Gurney Alligator.

I agree, it's way too expensive. I guess Honda figures it will sell in such small numbers, they'd lose money at a lower price.

Tombiker1 10-02-2008 03:53 PM

Dn-01

DN-01: funky, kinda cool, and breaks new styling ground. I'm confused by it, but I'm also a longtime biker and perhaps not their intended demographic. But $14,599?? I know stuff is expensive now due to the weak dollar, etc., but $2K more than the blistering, peak-performing CBR1000RR? What's that paying for, the automatic transmission? At $9000, a 700cc twin would be a tough sell; $14.5K is absurd. Yep, it's another Rune, destined to sit on showroom floors for years while dealers lose money on floorplan financing.

The_AirHawk 10-02-2008 04:11 PM

You silly Americans! You no know good moto when you see! We give you good bike at price we like - you no buy! Why? Why you no buy?

We send you HawkGT back in '80s - it only fo-hunnad-dolla' less than Hurry-cane 600 with twice hoss-powa!

You no buy!

We send you Ruine - it only cost fo-thousan-dolla' mo than Acura Integra.

You no buy!

We send 599 - it only fifteen-hunned-dolla' mo than it competitors

Only Sachi buy!

These good bikes - why you no buy?

Sincerely,

-Honda

P.S. You like DT-01! You buy now! Run, RUN to Dealer - you buy now!

schizuki 10-02-2008 04:14 PM

Who farted?

The_AirHawk 10-02-2008 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatMotorcycleP (Post 195026)
kpaul was right and the GPTB was wrong again.
blah-blah blah, droll, endless drivel, semi-coherent drooling noises.

What? I'm banned already? Sonova.....

Why does everybody hate me?

I'm so ALONE!

Barstards! Now you're changing my Post! I'll get you GPTB! I'll get you ALLL!!!

ArrrrrrrRRRRRRRRGGHHH!!!!!

(Sound of keyboard smashing)

End of transmission this month.

Hey KayPee!

You buy moto-cycle now! You stupid you no buy! You chikin-shyte you no take me up on offer to debate - I send email address - you no write!

Run, RUN back to Seattle!

P.S. You watch for stick in road - you no Crash! You stupid you no see stick and Crash!

TheFox 10-02-2008 05:01 PM

Careful, he knows how to use a shotgun.

The_AirHawk 10-02-2008 07:31 PM

A 12ga. broomhandle is not a "shotgun", no-matter WHAT colour he paints it.

:cool:

longride 10-03-2008 05:11 AM

So these guys used to be the industry leader? I haven't seen such a boring and overpriced lineup since the 2008 Cubs.