Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 09-25-2008, 12:36 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default 2009 Ducati Monster 1100 Unveiled

Original Article:
2009 Ducati Monster 1100 Unveiled

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2009 Ducati Monster 1100 Unveiled in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-26-2008, 06:41 AM   #2
pplassm
Founding Member

Is there something wrong with that last picture? One bike looks huge, and the other tiny.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:32 AM   #3
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Good eye. Looks like Ducati Photoshopped two pics into one.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 10:37 AM   #4
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

You guys referrin' to THIS one?

http://www.motorcycle.com/gallery/ga..._itemId=166050

Look at it in large size - it's perspective. Pay attention to things like the cush-drive and muffler and wheel-diameters - all the same. It's just the angle of the camera from the chase-vehicle is more "front on" to the red bike vs. the silver one.

Why would they go through all the trouble photoshopping something like this, when merely getting a couple of bikes and riders, and a driver, car, and photographer would be easier?
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:26 AM   #5
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
You guys referrin' to THIS one?

http://www.motorcycle.com/gallery/ga..._itemId=166050

Why would they go through all the trouble photoshopping something like this, when merely getting a couple of bikes and riders, and a driver, car, and photographer would be easier?
It could be just a distortion from using a wide-angle lens, but my bet is still on Photoshopping two separate images. From doing hundreds of photo shoots, I can tell you that getting two bikes within inches of each other while maintaining decent lean angle is one of the hardest shots to capture. I'll get Fonz to weigh in on this for his expert opinion.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:36 AM   #6
fonzie
Contributing Staff

I think it's real. Or a photoshop jo0b like I've never seen or done before.

Look at two things and think about it again. There's a shadow cast from the red bike onto the rear wheel of the silver bike - from the fill flash.

And then that flash is seen in both their faceshields.

I'd believe it. It only takes 1/250 a second to capture bikes this close... like when one pulls out from the draft to pass the a leading bike. It's doable in my book.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:17 PM   #7
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzie View Post

Look at two things and think about it again. There's a shadow cast from the red bike onto the rear wheel of the silver bike - from the fill flash.

I'd believe it. It only takes 1/250 a second to capture bikes this close... like when one pulls out from the draft to pass the a leading bike. It's doable in my book.
I'm going with midgets and dwarfs on pocketbikes. No offense to the vertically challenged- one of my good buddies is a drawf that rides a YSR. Look at the forearms- do they look shorter to you?

Oh- the YSR has a yz125 water-cooled motor in it and brembo twin pots up front. He kills in the hills.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:58 PM   #8
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzie View Post

Sometimes you can get some very interesting and unexpected results from photography. It's a two dimensional representation of the three dimensional universe after all. Some very odd perspectives are common. That's what this looks like.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:50 PM   #9
12er
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
I'm going with midgets and dwarfs on pocketbikes. No offense to the vertically challenged- one of my good buddies is a drawf that rides a YSR. Look at the forearms- do they look shorter to you?

Oh- the YSR has a yz125 water-cooled motor in it and brembo twin pots up front. He kills in the hills.
Sweet, a buddy had a YZ80 crammed into one and it was a terror, the 125 should rip. That is if the front end would stay down.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:28 PM   #10
Craig08990
Registered Member

It is the scooter forum. Is the information mentioned above in wrong place?
Craig08990 is offline   Reply With Quote