Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 09-10-2008, 11:03 PM   #11
tripleripple
Founding Member

Location: Lightly Fortified Compound (apartment): Chicago, IL

If you're not going far then aim for something that sits upright and has straight(ish) handlebars. I prefer a twin or triple. They both make lots of scrumptious torque for sucking the doors off $80K cars and rolling out of turns. Those Triumphs you ask about make a lot of stonk sucking air in and blowing it out. (That's a good thing).
tripleripple is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-11-2008, 08:13 AM   #12
acecycleins
Founding Member

Buy a used Ducati MS4RS Monster. All the Superbike motor you need and cheap insurance.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:09 AM   #13
rider14
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
The_Fox didn't seem to have any trouble keeping up with me on some twisty backroads while riding HIS ZX-14 when he passed-through here on his cross-country trip. Didn't complain to me about turn-in, or lack of agility with that bike, either.
The ZX14 does handle very well and I never got left behind when I'm on it but it's much more fun at high speed and at low speeds it get's a little clumbsy. Since I am a ZX14 owner I obviously like speed as much as the next guy but I want a bike that I can beat on without instantly going 150mph all the time.
rider14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 08:18 AM   #14
rider14
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
Buy a used Ducati MS4RS Monster. All the Superbike motor you need and cheap insurance.
Anyone ever hear of Ducati having an oil problem if you wheelie it too long? (I know I'm a bad person, I wheelie)
rider14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 09:27 AM   #15
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

You know, if you shift your center of balance forward a little you could keep the front wheel down on the ground where it can do some good..Then you don't have to worry about tearing stuff up

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 08:08 PM   #16
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Thats because the front wheel doesn't belong in the air. It's meant to stay on the ground. Period.

I love the old bikes we used to tear around on (we had a couple of...."problems" this year, looks like my ridings done till i can get onto the street) those old 100cc bikes were just a blast up until about 55... then it felt like light speed with LOTS of bumps...
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 12:14 PM   #17
abrocks22
Registered Member

yea i totally agree. my boyfriend drives an old school harley
abrocks22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:08 AM   #18
bubbadlx
Registered Member

The Suzuki B-King is a bigger bike, but I still smile every time I ride it. It is very nimble! I also owned an 01 FZ1 and like the b-king much more. Even two years and 7000 miles later. I replaced the the seat with a corbin, but the rest is bone stock. you can pick them up new super cheap now.
bubbadlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:47 PM   #19
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider14 View Post
I currently ride a 06 zx14 bought new. When I bought it I was planning on long trips and the extra size and weight were not a problem. Now after two years I am yet to go on a long trip and due to a couple surgeries I won't be going on any. So now I have a bike that is too heavy and not quick on it's feet. I'm planning on selling it and I wonder what to get next. I want to know what bike is the most fun. I hear a lot about 675 street triples being tons of fun and I'm interested in z1000's or sv1000's. So what bike do you recomend to have a ton of fun (doesn't have to be the fastest.)
ZX14,...not quick on it's feet? Never heard it described quite like that before? Is a supersport going to be comfortable enough for you?
Old 01-26-2010, 12:54 PM   #20
MOKE1K
Registered Member

I would definitely take a look at the new Z1000R Kawasaki, nice and comfortable.