Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2009 Yamaha R1 Unveiled! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/9447-2009-yamaha-r1-unveiled.html)

Administrator 09-08-2008 01:14 PM

2009 Yamaha R1 Unveiled!

Original Article:
2009 Yamaha R1 Unveiled!

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2009 Yamaha R1 Unveiled! in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

12er 09-08-2008 01:29 PM

Still looks purdy, thats the only difference to the other 3 right?

Kenneth_Moore 09-08-2008 01:38 PM

$13 grand for a bike that can smoke any "supercar" on the planet is one of the things I love most about motorcycling.

pushrod 09-08-2008 01:48 PM

Have they installed a 'tree avoidance device' yet?

Way too many of these Supersports end up wrapped around, trees is why I'm asking.

acecycleins 09-08-2008 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushrod (Post 193179)
Have they installed a 'tree avoidance device' yet?

Way too many of these Supersports end up wrapped around, trees is why I'm asking.

If they could put a "apex" trigger on them to let people know the breaking points they be in business. Like a back up sensor but not.

Duke- where are the FZ pics? I hear they redesigned it, too.

MOKE1K 09-08-2008 02:22 PM

WOW, U-G-L-Y! What is this trend that seems to be takling place with all the new sport bikes? First the Cbr, now the R1? Man hope they dont fup my Suzuki?

seruzawa 09-08-2008 02:22 PM

Looks like Wile E Coyote from the front.

acecycleins 09-08-2008 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acecycleins (Post 193185)
If they could put a "apex" trigger on them to let people know the breaking points they be in business. Like a back up sensor but not.

Duke- where are the FZ pics? I hear they redesigned it, too.

Found them- No worries!

giganto 09-08-2008 02:50 PM

pissing contest..

Yowza- no real sense of the redone body just from photos, but cant wait for numbers on this bike...as a hopeless lover of Yamaliter sleds(all, ever), perhaps this model is a real attempt to at least equal the midrange and torque of the others.
The new Vmax proved my initial guess wrong(on power).
Perhaps Yamaha will revisit/celebrate 1998 by giving the R1 measurably better power than the others again.
Feels doubtful, but i love this top shelf totally insane power arms race among the Big Four- a great soap opera.
Liter Bike Comparo!!

Kevin_Duke 09-08-2008 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by giganto (Post 193195)
Perhaps Yamaha will revisit/celebrate 1998 by giving the R1 measurably better power than the others again.
Feels doubtful, but i love this top shelf totally insane power arms race among the Big Four- a great soap opera.
Liter Bike Comparo!!

Peak output won't be too different, but you'll see a big bump in midrange power - the previous R1's deficiency. It sounds cool as hell, too!