Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2009 Harley-Davidson Electra Glide Standard Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/9374-2009-harley-davidson-electra-glide-standard-review.html)

Administrator 08-29-2008 04:40 PM

2009 Harley-Davidson Electra Glide Standard Review

Original Article:
2009 Harley-Davidson Electra Glide Standard Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2009 Harley-Davidson Electra Glide Standard Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

sliphorn 08-29-2008 07:43 PM

Great looking ride! Thanks for the write up.

The_AirHawk 08-29-2008 09:50 PM

Good Writeup, Longride!

Harley has really been trying lately - all that work seems to have paid off with an extremely competent long-distance moto. Essentially, the only reason for me NOT to want to own one now is styling - and it's not like it's an ugly bike; the styling just isn't my bottle of Perrier.

Everything that I did NOT like about Harley (with the exception of the attitude of many riders of its bikes) is just-about gone.

Good job Harley!

Good job Longride!

Thanks for the opportunity to "tag along" on the ride.

BrowningBAR 08-30-2008 08:54 AM

The 'Stache lives on!

longride 08-30-2008 09:54 AM

Don't ya love it??

Buzglyd 08-30-2008 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 192576)
Don't ya love it??

Is that a Harley-Davidson (TM) stick on 'stache?

12er 08-30-2008 01:13 PM

Pulsing of the ABS? I can see where that may be a bit annoying. My BMW is smooth as silk with the ABS and after it saving my bacon a dozen or more times I wouldn't want a touring rig without it. Ive driven a few cars where it feels like your on horizontal rain grooves while hard on the binders, guess this is something similar? At least they are putting brakes on them instead of the old single pot, single disk Flintstones method. One of these days, maybe, I'll be lured to the dark side.

Buzglyd 08-30-2008 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12er (Post 192580)
Pulsing of the ABS? I can see where that may be a bit annoying. My BMW is smooth as silk with the ABS and after it saving my bacon a dozen or more times I wouldn't want a touring rig without it. Ive driven a few cars where it feels like your on horizontal rain grooves while hard on the binders, guess this is something similar? At least they are putting brakes on them instead of the old single pot, single disk Flintstones method. One of these days, maybe, I'll be lured to the dark side.

You could drag your feet and it would stop shorter than a Ducati 1098R.

longride 08-30-2008 01:55 PM

You can actually feel the ABS kick in and then pulse at the lever or pedal. ABS never saved me once, since I never had it on any bike I ever owned. I did hit the ground overbraking and tucking the front on my CBX many years ago, but that really showed me that I needed to learn proper braking. Mashing the brakes with ABS just doesn't suit me.

longride 08-30-2008 01:56 PM

It's the Longride FSTACHE model!