Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   USGP Indy How-To (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/9370-usgp-indy-how.html)

Administrator 08-29-2008 04:40 PM

USGP Indy How-To

Original Article:
USGP Indy How-To

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article USGP Indy How-To in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

12er 08-29-2008 11:48 PM

Wish I could ride out there, may have to check it out next year as they screwed everything by putting Laguna on the 4th of July weekend. Hmmm maybe WSB at Miller instead, though Miller I'm not to sure about due to the location. Seruzawa how close is decent camping to Miller? What I mean by decent is tree's not flat and windy... 'bout an hour and a half? Mapquest time...

seruzawa 08-30-2008 05:35 AM

You can camp in the Stansbury Mountains which are quite close to Millers. Otherwise you head east into the Wasatch front. One thing nice about Utah is that you can camp just about anywhere in the forests except a few specific parks. It's not like Calif where you have to make reservations months in advance. Now, you can get reservations at a couple of places near SLC in advance which would be about an hour from Millers; Albion Basin or Tanner's Flat.

GORP - Wasatch-Cache National Forest - Stansbury Mountains Area

longride 08-30-2008 06:51 AM

I'm going. The ride isn't much, a whole 170 miles. I'm going to the flattrack race Saturday night too. Should be a good time.

MOKE1K 08-30-2008 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 192562)
You can camp in the Stansbury Mountains which are quite close to Millers. Otherwise you head east into the Wasatch front. One thing nice about Utah is that you can camp just about anywhere in the forests except a few specific parks. It's not like Calif where you have to make reservations months in advance. Now, you can get reservations at a couple of places near SLC in advance which would be about an hour from Millers; Albion Basin or Tanner's Flat.

Huh,...Utah?

MOKE1K 08-30-2008 08:59 AM

I'll be flying in cant wait, last time I saw a motogp event it wasnt even called motogp?

12er 08-30-2008 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOKE1K (Post 192568)
Huh,...Utah?

His response to my direct question about camping around Miller for WSB.

12er 08-30-2008 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 192562)

Thank you Sir, Always appreciated.

12er 08-30-2008 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 192564)
I'm going. The ride isn't much, a whole 170 miles. I'm going to the flattrack race Saturday night too. Should be a good time.

2333.27 per maquest for me, with 1000 from Denver on in. Now with proper time management and fuel stops it would take me... Uh yeah, Miller is looking better only due to time. As I can make it from here to SLC in 8 to 9 hours. Long weekend is doable. Not MotoGP but I just had that fix last month and will need a replacement next year. With the AMA looking to be a no go next year it may be my only race gas fume fix I can scare up.

Have a good one LR and take some pics for us slackers. I'd wanted and tried to make it to the Sacramento Mile but it always fell through.

MOKE1K 08-30-2008 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12er (Post 192582)
His response to my direct question about camping around Miller for WSB.

O,..I see.