Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Honda SMARTrainer (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/9354-honda-smartrainer.html)

Administrator 08-27-2008 06:03 PM

Honda SMARTrainer

Original Article:
Honda SMARTrainer

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Honda SMARTrainer in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

The_AirHawk 08-27-2008 06:36 PM

Welcome to the '90s!

Seriously tho - I think it's a good idea, but didn't someone try introducing something like this to MSF or the AMA circa 1991? And it really doesn't look like it's "evolved" any (other than software, of course). I would have thought they'd had an actual simulator by now - 90% of the elements are there. Hell, I saw a "MotoGP Roadracing Action" (or somethin' like that) arcade game in a movie-theater lobby last summer with twin "motorcycles" that leaned, articulated the bars, handbrake/footbrake and shifter. I would have tried it out, but didn't feel like waiting in line behind 25+ 10-year-olds. (I think I coulda taken a few of 'em on the Laguna Seca track, though!)

newagetwotone 08-28-2008 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 192438)
Welcome to the '90s!

Seriously tho - I think it's a good idea, but didn't someone try introducing something like this to MSF or the AMA circa 1991? And it really doesn't look like it's "evolved" any (other than software, of course). I would have thought they'd had an actual simulator by now - 90% of the elements are there. Hell, I saw a "MotoGP Roadracing Action" (or somethin' like that) arcade game in a movie-theater lobby last summer with twin "motorcycles" that leaned, articulated the bars, handbrake/footbrake and shifter. I would have tried it out, but didn't feel like waiting in line behind 25+ 10-year-olds. (I think I coulda taken a few of 'em on the Laguna Seca track, though!)

I've played with a few of them and they react... strange, rather violently and give no feedback at all. Its like i thought i could play guitar hero because I can play guitar... yea not so much. Fiance kicks my ass at it...

The_AirHawk 08-28-2008 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newagetwotone (Post 192455)
I've played with a few of them and they react... strange, rather violently and give no feedback at all. Its like i thought i could play guitar hero because I can play guitar... yea not so much. Fiance kicks my ass at it...

But think of what a big company like Honda could do were they to actually merge the two together! I mean, Bajaj can build that crappy little Pulsar and make IT look good - WTF can't a so-called "World Leader" like Honda actually ACT like they're a Leader and design something that makes you say "Hey! That's F'n COOL!"

This...... This thing is like playing "Flight Simulator", also circa 1991 on a 13" EGA monitor...........

MOKE1K 08-28-2008 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 192461)
But think of what a big company like Honda could do were they to actually merge the two together! I mean, Bajaj can build that crappy little Pulsar and make IT look good - WTF can't a so-called "World Leader" like Honda actually ACT like they're a Leader and design something that makes you say "Hey! That's F'n COOL!"

This...... This thing is like playing "Flight Simulator", also circa 1991 on a 13" EGA monitor...........

Hell, Iam still waiting for them (World Leaders?) to make their cruisers fuel injected? Pfffff?

Kenneth_Moore 08-28-2008 03:04 PM

I flashed back to High School High where we had these ridiculous little cars in a trailer that sat in front of a screen. This thing looks about as useless as that was...

MOKE1K 08-28-2008 08:41 PM

Very,...what they should do is install 12ft long belt sanders on the floor that spin at about 9500rpm and when you make a mistake it pitches you off the highside:}