Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 03-01-2009, 07:58 PM   #91
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
........and induced eyeball-flattening-style grins on every moke (note lowercase - not referring to screen-name) that happened to throw a leg across one and twist the throttle........

Including you?...
Actually I like the Nakeds! I think the Bking is awsome, I wouldnt even change the pipes, I'd just gut em and give it a Bazzaz pc and custom map it.

Also I have a customer with a White 08 Z1000r with a full akro and it looks so nice, and runs too.

Last edited by MOKE1K : 03-01-2009 at 08:03 PM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2009, 07:59 PM   #92
newagetwotone
Registered Member

I really like the pipes on the back, then again i like the spaceship looking bikes and cars.
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:38 PM   #93
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Including you?...
Actually I like the Nakeds! I think the Bking is awsome, I wouldnt even change the pipes, I'd just gut em and give it a Bazzaz pc and custom map it.

Also I have a customer with a White 08 Z1000r with a full akro and it looks so nice, and runs too.
Like the response to Caesar's "Et tu, Brute" I have to reply "Yeah, me too!"

Tried my friend Mark Zack's Z1000 on for size. Fit the Giggling Idiot in me perfectly. Like a Locomotive. I figured it would flatten my wallet both Monetarily and Officially, with a licensectomy.................
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:29 AM   #94
mugwump58
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
When me and my sister would sit in the car looking out the back window, Mom would call us "Mugwumps," because supposedly they only look back.

Wikipedia says:

Several historians of the 1960s and 1970s portrayed the Mugwumps as members of an insecure elite, one that felt threatened by changes in American society. These historians often focused on the social background and status of their subjects, and the narratives they have written share a common outlook. [6]

Mugwumps tended to come from old Protestant families of New York and New England, and often from inherited wealth. They belonged to or identified with the emerging business and professional elite, and were often members of the most exclusive clubs. Yet they felt threatened by the rise of machine politics, one aspect of which was the spoils system, and by the rising power of immigrants in American society
I prefer, at the least, the definition from the 1947 OED. Or the old radio show or the reference to Native Americans...

Illegitimate at birth, lower middle class, North American mongrel, before cheese it was powdered milk and oatmeal

I just wouldn't want anyone getting the wrong idea and asking for some grey poupon or anything like that.