Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2008 QLINK Commuter 250 Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/9333-2008-qlink-commuter-250-review.html)

Administrator 08-25-2008 04:37 PM

2008 QLINK Commuter 250 Review

Original Article:
2008 QLINK Commuter 250 Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2008 QLINK Commuter 250 Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

The_AirHawk 08-25-2008 04:54 PM

Why is it every time I see the "QLINK" brand, I think it's something that should be associated with Kosher Sausages?

BrowningBAR 08-25-2008 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 192267)
Why is it every time I see the "QLINK" brand, I think it's something that should be associated with Kosher Sausages?

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks it sounds like a deli product.

BrowningBAR 08-25-2008 06:04 PM

QLINK Commuter 250; Offering the Finest in 1982 Scooter Design

sfcdjevans 08-25-2008 06:18 PM

This is really a large urban area thing isn't it?

A Steve Guzman production. I've been threatening something like this. Something to zip around town, go get the grocerys ect... I don't think they sell stuff like that around here though[That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it. Add to list of things that aren't really going to get purchased]. There's a Kymco dealer and a Suzuki dealer in the next "city" over. I don't think I've seen a scooter at the Kymco place in a year. I don't go to the Suzuki place cause I'm not allowed to drool on the 'Stroms anymore and FJRs aren't stocked, or available to drool over anymore.

QLINK = Kosher deli? Man you guys are weird.

seruzawa 08-25-2008 09:39 PM

Every time I think about these scooters, and apparently Qlink is offering a Chinese scoot of fairly decent quality, I just think of the 80 year old Chinese women who were sent to the concentration camp this week for complaining to the police about not being compensated for their land that was confiscated to build Olympic venues. I know that any action I take is pointless and that Chinese products are everywhere, but even though it's almost meaningless I'm still going to avoid Chinese products every time I have a choice. F*** China and F*** the Olympics.

People can go on and explain how wrong I am and how it doesn't matter and they may be right. I don't care. Oh yeah. No 7-11 Citgo gas either. F*** that Chavez lunatic.

BrowningBAR 08-26-2008 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 192286)
Every time I think about these scooters, and apparently Qlink is offering a Chinese scoot of fairly decent quality, I just think of the 80 year old Chinese women who were sent to the concentration camp this week for complaining to the police about not being compensated for their land that was confiscated to build Olympic venues. I know that any action I take is pointless and that Chinese products are everywhere, but even though it's almost meaningless I'm still going to avoid Chinese products every time I have a choice. F*** China and F*** the Olympics.

People can go on and explain how wrong I am and how it doesn't matter and they may be right. I don't care. Oh yeah. No 7-11 Citgo gas either. F*** that Chavez lunatic.

I read a few articles about the China Olympics situation and there was post after post going on about how great china is and how biased the reporting is.

The fact is that the Olympics were built on slave labor.

TheScooterScoop 08-26-2008 05:14 PM

Hard to find a scooter...

Not sure if I read your coordinates right. Looks like you're somewhere near Kyrgyzstan (43.47,76.48), and you're definitely not going to find a good scooter out that way. A good horse and cart? Maybe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfcdjevans (Post 192278)
A Steve Guzman production. I've been threatening something like this. Something to zip around town, go get the grocerys ect... I don't think they sell stuff like that around here though[That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it. Add to list of things that aren't really going to get purchased]. There's a Kymco dealer and a Suzuki dealer in the next "city" over. I don't think I've seen a scooter at the Kymco place in a year. I don't go to the Suzuki place cause I'm not allowed to drool on the 'Stroms anymore and FJRs aren't stocked, or available to drool over anymore.

QLINK = Kosher deli? Man you guys are weird.

sfcdjevans 08-26-2008 05:37 PM

lat then long all are positive values. "Kyrgyzstan"? bite your tongue ;)