Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2009 Star Motorcycles VMax Preview (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/9317-2009-star-motorcycles-vmax-preview.html)

seruzawa 08-26-2008 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrowningBAR (Post 192303)

What does that mean? It means I have seen more Runes (4) than Vmax(es?).

Not me. I've only seen one Ruin. And I'm very glad of it because it's very hard to ride safely when you are laughing that hard.

As far as ugly goes, I have no problem with ugly bikes. I'd love an S3 but don't feel I have the self-discipline to survive ownership. Guzzis are nice ugly and there are other examples. But I just don't like the overdone scoops on the new Max or the stupid silencers. One thing is sure, I'd never survive long on a 200hp motorcycle. I'd be maxed on license points within a week.

Kenneth_Moore 08-26-2008 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrowningBAR (Post 192303)
Unfortunately of the mass of VMax fans only 10 will buy one as I have been all over the country and I have only ever seen 3 Vmax(es?) on the road.

What does that mean? It means I have seen more Runes (4) than Vmax(es?).

I think people buy them. Then they ride them, get the holy living crap scared out of them when they corner or stop, and park them in the garage.

longride 08-26-2008 06:58 AM

People that buy this bike are looking to pay a premium to ride something different. That is the long and the short of it. Is there anything this bike can to that a Hayabusa can't do better for about 7 grand less? Nothing I can think of. The bike does look like a Max, no doubt about it. The original, which I owned for two years was a hoot to ride fast in a straight line. Other than that it lacked just about every other quality you would like in a motorcycle. It handled like crap, suspension was harsh, brakes were average and gas mileage was horrendous. I actually got 23 mpg on one tank. Granted I was using the V-Boost early and often, but my Busa when ridden hard still got about 35 mpg. This Max is cool, but there is a reason it is going to be limited production. Because for every 10 guys that want one only 1 will actually plunk down the cash. I'd love to ride one, but not at 18G's.

Kevin_Duke 08-26-2008 10:19 AM

Love it or hate it, I've got 3000 more words about the VMax being published later today. And more cool video. Read it, watch it, then give more of your mild opinions. ;)

Techmaven 08-29-2008 04:58 PM

Max

The original scoops are Aluminum too..It did 0-60 in 2.88. Will the new one even be drag tested? All you bike mags and web-zines have been drag strip pussies lately....(You never show numbers)

Kevin_Duke 08-29-2008 05:12 PM

We only rode the bike for a day. When production test bikes are available in November, we promise to bring you dragstrip numbers!

sarnali2 08-31-2008 11:18 AM

You've seen 4 Runes on the road? I didn't think they sold 4 of them. I've seen a decent number of original 'Max's out and about back when I had my V65 Sabre, don't see too many now but they were a pretty popular bike. I guess this'n here is cool enough though it's not something I'd buy, if I was in the market for a butt-ug Japanese bike I'd get a B King