Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2008 Aprilia SL750 Shiver Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/9301-2008-aprilia-sl750-shiver-review.html)

Administrator 08-21-2008 03:03 PM

2008 Aprilia SL750 Shiver Review

Original Article:
2008 Aprilia SL750 Shiver Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2008 Aprilia SL750 Shiver Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Buzglyd 08-21-2008 03:04 PM

I dig it.

Them Geezer Glides got ride by wire too, ya know?

BrowningBAR 08-21-2008 03:19 PM

I like that the pictures are "click to enlarge". Much appreciated!

sfcdjevans 08-21-2008 04:21 PM

My first impression was, "Hey I really like this review", not the bike part just that the review seemed well done. Then I'm thinking hmmm, someone in Europe has got to make hard bags for this, maybe a little fairing.... Then it hit me, 36 mpg! It doesn't look like a C-14!

An after thought. I know electronics are cheap but I'd rather have a linkage rear shock, that I'll replace with an after market than a direct link. I have a bio-electric cpu that handles the sport/tour/rain thing already. It took me forever to read that suspension book with it's diatribe on why direct link suspensions were crap only to see this and some others sporting them. Sure looks cheaper to manufacture and stock parts for....

The_AirHawk 08-21-2008 06:14 PM

Great review - and an even neater bike!

K-Duke - loosen the frack up! WTF is wrong dude? Were you sittin' on a hill of fire-ants or somethin'? I counted something like 51 "uh's" in your monologue! :o

You know your stuff, you're photogenic-enough to be "on-camera" (you ain't no young Michael Douglas on steroids, but who is? Nevermind, don't answer that...........), you've got the skills to put any moto through its paces and make it look easy; all it seems you need to do is relax a bit. You've definitely seemed more-comfortable in vids before this.

Other than that relatively minor point - Good Job.

Also - whomever finally decided on the "click to enlarge" photos again - GOODONYA!

I'm patiently awaiting the shootout you hinted-at in the video. :cool:

mscuddy 08-21-2008 09:17 PM

I had me ona dem SL70's back in the days long ago...oh... SL750...OOPS, SORRY...

12er 08-22-2008 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscuddy (Post 191981)
I had me ona dem SL70's back in the days long ago...oh... SL750...OOPS, SORRY...

the rear wheel from an sl70 fits perfectly on the Yamaha 60 enduro you profiled a while back. Still have a screwed up finger nail to prove it. Changing my good tire off the yamahamer my large craftsman screwdriver slipped and my hand went right into the sharply worn sprocket splitting my nail at the base. PITA when that took forever to grow out. Now 28 years later I have a dotted line where it split to forever remind me of both those bikes.

Kenneth_Moore 08-22-2008 12:37 PM

I'm very impressed with the number and quality of articles at MO the past few months. Outstanding work, Mr. Duke!

About the bike: I really love the styling, but the engine looks exactly like the Suzuki SV/DL engine. Even the shape of the rockerbox covers. Maybe there's not a lot of ways to do a 90 degree twin...

Kevin_Duke 08-22-2008 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 191978)
Great review - and an even neater bike!

K-Duke - loosen the frack up! WTF is wrong dude? Were you sittin' on a hill of fire-ants or somethin'? I counted something like 51 "uh's" in your monologue! :o

You know your stuff, you're photogenic-enough to be "on-camera" (you ain't no young Michael Douglas on steroids, but who is? Nevermind, don't answer that...........), you've got the skills to put any moto through its paces and make it look easy; all it seems you need to do is relax a bit. You've definitely seemed more-comfortable in vids before this.

Other than that relatively minor point - Good Job.

Also - whomever finally decided on the "click to enlarge" photos again - GOODONYA!

I'm patiently awaiting the shootout you hinted-at in the video. :cool:

Thanks for the kudos, 'Hawk, and for the constructive criticism.
Despite the fun in the video, I was having a bad day. I'll try to remember to take my meds!

Re clickable photos: Hurray! We've been trying to get you those since I first saw the design of MO:2!

The hinted shootout was fun to do. But not quite as much fun as I had yesterday riding the crazy new VMax. Look for a review preview today!

Kevin_Duke 08-22-2008 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 192049)
I'm very impressed with the number and quality of articles at MO the past few months. Outstanding work, Mr. Duke!

About the bike: I really love the styling, but the engine looks exactly like the Suzuki SV/DL engine. Even the shape of the rockerbox covers. Maybe there's not a lot of ways to do a 90 degree twin...

Thanks, KM! It's nice to be appreciated!