Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 08-14-2008, 12:07 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default 2008 Can-Am Spyder Review

Original Article:
2008 Can-Am Spyder Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2008 Can-Am Spyder Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-14-2008, 12:31 PM   #2
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Neat, equipped with a grip mounted air shifter, some velcro for my footsies, this might be the machine that gets me back in the wind. Two wheels in the front beats one wheel on a three wheeler every time. Just ask Mr. Morgan.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:58 PM   #3
12er
Founding Member

Little luggage rack wizardry and a light chair and your off and running. With the two wheels up front you should be able to wheel up and climb on. With that automanual option you should be thumbing along nicely.

Stitch on some velcro to the inside of a pair of pants and stick on the rest to the body work and you'll stick like glue. Or maybe a custom seat cover with the loop portion of velcro and the hook part stitched to your drawers? Sounds doable and not that expensive to boot.

Last edited by 12er : 08-14-2008 at 01:02 PM.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 01:00 PM   #4
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
Neat, equipped with a grip mounted air shifter, some velcro for my footsies, this might be the machine that gets me back in the wind. Two wheels in the front beats one wheel on a three wheeler every time. Just ask Mr. Morgan.
This what you need Cud.

Boss Hoss Advantage Wheelchair Accessible Trike - The Kneeslider

Take the chair and a V8!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 01:24 PM   #5
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
My pal Mike is going to go bananas when he hears they added the shifter option. He's got a steel rod instead of a leg bone, and no knee joint; he can't ride/drive a manual shift bike or car.

Great photos Fonzie! You really made the Spyder look great. I'll have to sign up for a demo ride at Biketoberfest this year.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:35 PM   #6
supecoop
Founding Member

I was at Corbin in Hollister, CA this week to get a new motorcycle seat and saw a Can-Am that they had added beautiful side storage cases too. Larger than motorcycle "beetle bags" they really added to the looks and practicality of the Can-Am. Of course, I'd still rather travel on two wheels but the Can-Am could be fun for a short trip.
supecoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 01:44 PM   #7
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by supecoop View Post
I was at Corbin in Hollister, CA this week to get a new motorcycle seat and saw a Can-Am that they had added beautiful side storage cases too. Larger than motorcycle "beetle bags" they really added to the looks and practicality of the Can-Am. Of course, I'd still rather travel on two wheels but the Can-Am could be fun for a short trip.
And, in the winter, it might be a little easier to travel after snowfalls with three wheels.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 02:23 PM   #8
12er
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
And, in the winter, it might be a little easier to travel after snowfalls with three wheels.
with studded tires Ice raceing would really be interesting.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 10:59 AM   #9
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Fonzy: Good job with the words man!

MO: Holy crap, come-on guys. The resounding lameness of this thing surpasses a Big Dog chopper. Let me get this straight; it's a plastic and vinyl covered "cruiser" that doesn't work quite as well as traditional two or four-wheeled cruiser alternatives. It combines the fun of a car with the impracticality of a motorcycle (isn't that backwards?) Aside from its Plymouth Crossfire-esque "Hey somebody, anybody please, OH PLEASE look at me!" effect, what other un-asked questions does it answer?

This story would have been drastically different if I was still running the MO show... there would have been more laughter, more tears and some supremely pissed-off Bombardier Marketeers.

Sincerely,
-Sean
Old 08-17-2008, 11:05 AM   #10
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Quote:
Matt, This turd would be much too-slow for you. 'sides, it's not a two-smoke. What you NEED is a proper shifter kart, with some 6" soft-compound tires on the front and 5" practice-compound (super-hard) tires out back. All the sideways that's fit to print, quicker, faster, safer and less expensive. Not exactly street-legal, but really, who cares?

-Sean