Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 08-17-2008, 12:39 PM   #11
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanAlexander View Post
Fonzy: Good job with the words man!

MO: Holy crap, come-on guys. The resounding lameness of this thing surpasses a Big Dog chopper. Let me get this straight; it's a plastic and vinyl covered "cruiser" that doesn't work quite as well as traditional two or four-wheeled cruiser alternatives. It combines the fun of a car with the impracticality of a motorcycle (isn't that backwards?) Aside from its Plymouth Crossfire-esque "Hey somebody, anybody please, OH PLEASE look at me!" effect, what other un-asked questions does it answer?

This story would have been drastically different if I was still running the MO show... there would have been more laughter, more tears and some supremely pissed-off Bombardier Marketeers.

Sincerely,
-Sean
Once you get past the fact that it's not a motorcycle, the Spyder is a fun ride. It's not marketed at guys like you and me, but there does seem to be a decent-sized market for it, so it obviously strikes a chord for some people. Now, let's try to get one without the nanny controls!
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-17-2008, 01:18 PM   #12
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Fonzy: Good job with the words man!

MO: Holy crap, come-on guys. The resounding lameness of this thing surpasses a Big Dog chopper. Let me get this straight; it's a plastic and vinyl covered "cruiser" that doesn't work quite as well as traditional two or four-wheeled cruiser alternatives. It combines the fun of a car with the impracticality of a motorcycle (isn't that backwards?) Aside from its Plymouth Crossfire-esque "Hey somebody, anybody please, OH PLEASE look at me!" effect, what other un-asked questions does it answer?

This story would have been drastically different if I was still running the MO show... there would have been more laughter, more tears and some supremely pissed-off Bombardier Marketeers.

Sincerely,
-Sean
Yer just mad cuz Kawasaki didn't think of it first.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 02:13 PM   #13
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Yer just mad cuz Kawasaki didn't think of it first.
Au contraire! Kawasaki's triples were much MUCH cooler than this neutered monstrosity. Make better JetSkis than Bombardier too!

-Sean
Old 08-17-2008, 05:56 PM   #14
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Thanks Sean. Yeah, I've thought that same thing many times, and as a bonus I'd have a good way to dispose of all that stockpiled Yamalube R that's still out in the garage. How's the big K treating you? Good I hope, miss your writing and stuff.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:46 PM   #15
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
How's the big K treating you?
Big K is great. Life on "the darkside" is certainly different, but there are still opportunities when I can share a ride with Gabe, Fonzy, the Dukester, etc... 'course it makes me miss the crazy ole days of Ashley (crashley) Hamilton and tossing test bikes off cliffs. I even miss writing, on exceedingly-rare occasions.

We should probably have a MO reunion at some point. Get Burns, Crashley, eBass, Da Fonz, Pete, Gabe, Duke and a few dark shadows from MO's distant past together with you, Buzz, George and more for some verbal abuse and product mis-use.

Anyone think VerticalScope would let KD EiC organize a thirteen bike group-grope mega-shootout reunion?

-Sean
Old 08-18-2008, 05:13 PM   #16
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Big K is great. Life on "the darkside" is certainly different, but there are still opportunities when I can share a ride with Gabe, Fonzy, the Dukester, etc... 'course it makes me miss the crazy ole days of Ashley (crashley) Hamilton and tossing test bikes off cliffs. I even miss writing, on exceedingly-rare occasions.

We should probably have a MO reunion at some point. Get Burns, Crashley, eBass, Da Fonz, Pete, Gabe, Duke and a few dark shadows from MO's distant past together with you, Buzz, George and more for some verbal abuse and product mis-use.

Anyone think VerticalScope would let KD EiC organize a thirteen bike group-grope mega-shootout reunion?

-Sean
I'm in! I'll even buy the burritos!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 06:00 PM   #17
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Sounds like a winnah...

[quote=SeanAlexander;191624]
"We should probably have a MO reunion at some point. Get Burns, Crashley, eBass, Da Fonz, Pete, Gabe, Duke and a few dark shadows from MO's distant past together with you, Buzz, George and more for some verbal abuse and product mis-use."

Maybe we can get one of those Boss Hoss Handicycles and do a combo gas mileage-the effects of alcohol-burnout-neutral drop high-speed product endurance test.

There's a BH dealer right down the street from Cali HD on PCH in Ghost town (Harbor City) that I've been pestering to let a crippled up MO tester have for a day or two.

I'll bring the booze (as usual). Made it mysef...and I ain't blind yet...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copper1.jpg (84.0 KB, 3 views)
Old 08-18-2008, 11:36 PM   #18
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Matt, You should get a blue Boss Hoss Handitrike, then ride it through Compton representin da Cripz! If I recall correctly, you're also a fan of firearms... would make for one bad-assed and very-MO drive-by shooting. Da Fonz would roll tape on it, Gabe should write the words and Duke and I could stand around and count the ways MO was pissing-off the OEMs.

-Sean
Old 08-19-2008, 06:18 PM   #19
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:

-Sean
Sounds like fun! I'll book a floor in the Beverly Hills Hotel!
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 06:23 PM   #20
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
Sounds like fun! I'll book a floor in the Beverly Hills Hotel!
Have a travel agent put together a room and travel package, add a few speakers and seminars, and you've got a winner!