Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250 ABS (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/9209-2007-suzuki-bandit-1250-abs.html)

Administrator 08-12-2008 01:38 PM

2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250 ABS

Original Article:
2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250 ABS

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250 ABS in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

sarnali2 08-13-2008 06:57 AM

Well not having ridden a 1250 but having owned 2 second gen. Bandits I can say that the if the 1250 is as much of an improvement as every test I've read says it is it's probably THE best bang-4-buck all round motorcycle on the road today.

If your looking for a four cylinder road burner you need to put this one on the short list. My experiance with the 2nd gen's was very good, of the Japanese bikes Suzuki is the closest to an Italian style company. Everything done in house at one location, all engines balanced and blueprinted, everything done by hand by an extremely dedicated work force... One of the Brit. Sportbike mags got a rare tour of the plant and came away very impressed, plus the quality and competitiveness of their bikes speaks for itself.

dukew 03-01-2009 12:30 AM

Perfect? Well, at least for me...

As the happy owner of both a 2001 Bandit 1200S and a 2007 Bandit 1250S ABS, I can report that the newer one corrects the only possible defects in the 2001 model. They gave it more torque, more handling, more ground clearance, a sixth gear, and fuel injection (and ABS!). The only things they didn't make it were prettier and easier to carry stuff on. The 2001 had arguably one of the most beautiful designs ever -- cat's eye headlamps, the frame lines carried into the fairing, as did the tank lines -- all beautiful. Suzuki apparently agrees -- the last time I looked at their website, they still had the prior-model Bandit's face adorning their street bike page. Also, one set of bungie spools is now missing from the passenger seat, so that's less wonderful, as is the lack of a second bulb in the new bike's taillight --styling that reduces safety sucks, in my opinion, so put a nice, bright LED replacement 1175 bulb in there and increase your safety markedly. All else is just that little extra bit better, sadly at the cost of that little bit of extra weight. It handles better, mind you, but you can feel the difference if you ride them back-to-back. All in all, this bike is perfect for my 6'4", 300-pound, daily commuting frame. And the ABS is perfect for those of us who ride EVERY day, rain or shine, hot or cold, clear or foggy. If you're a fair-weather rider, save the extra $500 and the 20 or so pounds of extra weight. Otherwise, this is the best all-around bike available for my own personal uses. As always, YMMV. And before I forget to mention it, the engine management computer cuts torque in first gear -- you don't get the full monty until at least second. Trust me, that's more than soon enough; last Thursday, a little bit of extra throttle on a wet street got her a touch sideways in third, which surprised me and scared the hell out of the doofus in the Lexus that was trying to pull in on top of me. The moment you don't respect this or any other bike, it might just try to kill you.