Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2008 Victory/Lehman Pitboss Trike Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/9205-2008-victory-lehman-pitboss-trike-review.html)

Administrator 08-12-2008 10:23 AM

2008 Victory/Lehman Pitboss Trike Review

Original Article:
2008 Victory/Lehman Pitboss Trike Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2008 Victory/Lehman Pitboss Trike Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

seruzawa 08-12-2008 10:41 AM

Victory... the only company that makes a trike that's less outlandish than one of its two-wheeled models. That has to go into the Guiness book somewhere.

Kenneth_Moore 08-12-2008 11:07 AM

"It’s been a cottage industry for quite some time but now they’re taking off and selling in significant numbers.”

And now that Harley is selling factory production models, you can kiss your cottage goodbye. Or, who would buy somebody's grafted on setup when you can get an engineered solution from Harley?

It is better looking than most trikes, though. I almost didn't throw up in my mouth when I looked at it.

acecycleins 08-12-2008 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 191188)
"It’s been a cottage industry for quite some time but now they’re taking off and selling in significant numbers.”

And now that Harley is selling factory production models, you can kiss your cottage goodbye. Or, who would buy somebody's grafted on setup when you can get an engineered solution from Harley?

It is better looking than most trikes, though. I almost didn't throw up in my mouth when I looked at it.

Used bikes and riders that age are still the target audience. When you can convert something you own rather than buying new- why not? All those trike companies are better off than companies like Big Dog, American Ironhorse, Titan and so on. Lehman, Motor Trike and the rest of the competition only have to invest in trike related products and a little R&D engineering. Harley has to spend millions on R&D for an entirely new frame and then sell at a loss for the next 7 yrs in order to pay for the tooling. Harley will make a profit off new products much faster than most, but overall it will take many assembled bikes to break even.

The_AirHawk 08-12-2008 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore
you can get an engineered solution from Harley?

I do not think that word means, what you think it means.........

Kenneth_Moore 08-12-2008 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 191196)
I do not think that word means, what you think it means.........

Well, I do not know what you think I think that word means, but this is what I think it means:

tr.v. en·gi·neered, en·gi·neer·ing, en·gi·neers

To plan, construct, or manage as an engineer.

To plan, manage, and put through by skillful acts or contrivance; maneuver.

In other words, something that comes together as a total solution rather than as an add-on. Of the factors that would drive a buyer (no pun intended) to pick a Harley trike over one made by adding a rear end to a bike, the "engineered solution" is probably less important than feeling like you are buying a "real Harley." People put a lot of stock in that name, and more than one bike paradigm has gained widespread acceptance once HD co-opted it from the marketplace (softail frames). Plus, HD has their huge marketing engine. I'll stick to my opinion: with HD entering the trike market, the other guys are going to lose.

seruzawa 08-12-2008 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 191197)
Well, I do not know what you think I think that word means, but this is what I think it means:

tr.v. en·gi·neered, en·gi·neer·ing, en·gi·neers

To plan, construct, or manage as an engineer.

To plan, manage, and put through by skillful acts or contrivance; maneuver.

In other words, something that comes together as a total solution rather than as an add-on. Of the factors that would drive a buyer (no pun intended) to pick a Harley trike over one made by adding a rear end to a bike, the "engineered solution" is probably less important than feeling like you are buying a "real Harley." People put a lot of stock in that name, and more than one bike paradigm has gained widespread acceptance once HD co-opted it from the marketplace (softail frames). Plus, HD has their huge marketing engine. I'll stick to my opinion: with HD entering the trike market, the other guys are going to lose.

Nice try but you left out the word "networking". Always remember that MBA Confusionspeak requires the inclusion of "networking" in any paragraph that contains "paradigm".

Kenneth_Moore 08-12-2008 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 191199)
Nice try but you left out the word "networking". Always remember that MBA Confusionspeak requires the inclusion of "networking" in any paragraph that contains "paradigm".

"Tasking." At GE we do a lot of "tasking." And we "re-purpose" people. Like: "Zawa got sooo wasted at the Xmas party. He's going to be one re-purposed mofo on Monday." And layoffs are "actions." As in: "There will be more actions in that department after the quarterly review."

12er 08-12-2008 12:54 PM

If you need me I'll be in the Batcave.

Kenneth_Moore 08-12-2008 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12er (Post 191201)
If you need me I'll be in the Batcave.

The Adam West Batman movie was on AMC this morning! It was awesome, especially when Robin ejected from the Bat Cycle on his Bat Go-Kart!