Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2008, 01:10 PM   #11
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

 
mscuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Next to my still checkin the temp.
Posts: 5,447
Default

Neat, I like the Aburn Boat Tail look. Now if it just had a highly polished supercharged Lycoming flathead straight-8 we'd have a sale fer sure.
__________________
A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.
mscuddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-12-2008, 02:43 PM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
"Tasking." At GE we do a lot of "tasking." And we "re-purpose" people. Like: "Zawa got sooo wasted at the Xmas party. He's going to be one re-purposed mofo on Monday." And layoffs are "actions." As in: "There will be more actions in that department after the quarterly review."
We are currently in love with "workload leveling". And "positive findings". If you can't get a task done because supply lost the parts order and you say "Supply didn't get the parts" its a "negative finding". You're supposed to "overcome" and get a "positive finding". No one explains how you get the job done without parts. You just better not be "negative".
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 03:26 PM   #13
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,904
Default Speaking of trikes

I have seen quite a few of those Can Am deals on the road. I'm surprised they're selling as well as they are.

However, if you're going to ride a trike, two wheels on the front is the way to go.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 06:51 AM   #14
MOKE1K
Registered Member
 
MOKE1K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kalapana, Big Island
Posts: 3,993
Default

Every trike I'v ridden never inspires convidence in the handling dept. I'd buy the CanAm Spyder much safer vehicle.
__________________
"YOU CAN'T BOLT ON SKILL"

Last edited by MOKE1K : 08-13-2008 at 07:10 AM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 06:53 AM   #15
Auphliam
Founding Member
 
Auphliam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 159
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
I have seen quite a few of those Can Am deals on the road. I'm surprised they're selling as well as they are.

However, if you're going to ride a trike, two wheels on the front is the way to go.
Yeah, I gotta agree Buzz. I never did get the whole trike thing. The whole niche just doesn't appeal to me. This one looks nice and all. I like the boat tail look instead of the normal blocked off back end. I find it hard to believe you can't fit a helmet in that big trunk though.
__________________
Dream as if you may live forever ~ Live as if you might die tomorrow
Auphliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 09:21 AM   #16
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
I have seen quite a few of those Can Am deals on the road. I'm surprised they're selling as well as they are.

However, if you're going to ride a trike, two wheels on the front is the way to go.
Those old VW trike kits weren't bad. With the looong wheelbase and the engine behind the axle they were actually pretty stable. Plus you'd look right at home in your tie-dyed T-shirt and square magenta granny glasses.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 09:44 AM   #17
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member
 
Kenneth_Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VIsiting the GIft Shop in the Pit of DIspair
Posts: 7,118
Default

2 front wheels, 2 back wheels, doesn't matter. I'd rather walk than be a "Tricyclist."
__________________
www.kennethmoore.org
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:09 AM   #18
acecycleins
Founding Member
 
acecycleins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 4,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
2 front wheels, 2 back wheels, doesn't matter. I'd rather walk than be a "Tricyclist."
You say that now. But wait until you're 70 and have worse knees (not worse looking) than now.
__________________
"Slack" - a state of being in which everything flows smoothly.....a frame of mind so at ease that the universe naturally cooperates.
acecycleins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:23 AM   #19
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member
 
Kenneth_Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VIsiting the GIft Shop in the Pit of DIspair
Posts: 7,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
You say that now. But wait until you're 70 and have worse knees (not worse looking) than now.
"Spyder XI: now with built in Depends dispenser!"
__________________
www.kennethmoore.org
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 12:25 PM   #20
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

I'm with Ken.

For me, if I get to the point where I can't ride I'll go to sports cars. A mini is more fun that any 700+ pound two-wheeled pig anyhow.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off