Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2008 Victory/Lehman Pitboss Trike Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/9205-2008-victory-lehman-pitboss-trike-review.html)

mscuddy 08-12-2008 01:10 PM

Neat, I like the Aburn Boat Tail look. Now if it just had a highly polished supercharged Lycoming flathead straight-8 we'd have a sale fer sure.

seruzawa 08-12-2008 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 191200)
"Tasking." At GE we do a lot of "tasking." And we "re-purpose" people. Like: "Zawa got sooo wasted at the Xmas party. He's going to be one re-purposed mofo on Monday." And layoffs are "actions." As in: "There will be more actions in that department after the quarterly review."

We are currently in love with "workload leveling". And "positive findings". If you can't get a task done because supply lost the parts order and you say "Supply didn't get the parts" its a "negative finding". You're supposed to "overcome" and get a "positive finding". No one explains how you get the job done without parts. You just better not be "negative".

Buzglyd 08-12-2008 03:26 PM

Speaking of trikes

I have seen quite a few of those Can Am deals on the road. I'm surprised they're selling as well as they are.

However, if you're going to ride a trike, two wheels on the front is the way to go.

MOKE1K 08-13-2008 06:51 AM

Every trike I'v ridden never inspires convidence in the handling dept. I'd buy the CanAm Spyder much safer vehicle.

Auphliam 08-13-2008 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 191211)
I have seen quite a few of those Can Am deals on the road. I'm surprised they're selling as well as they are.

However, if you're going to ride a trike, two wheels on the front is the way to go.

Yeah, I gotta agree Buzz. I never did get the whole trike thing. The whole niche just doesn't appeal to me. This one looks nice and all. I like the boat tail look instead of the normal blocked off back end. I find it hard to believe you can't fit a helmet in that big trunk though.

seruzawa 08-13-2008 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 191211)

Those old VW trike kits weren't bad. With the looong wheelbase and the engine behind the axle they were actually pretty stable. Plus you'd look right at home in your tie-dyed T-shirt and square magenta granny glasses.

Kenneth_Moore 08-13-2008 09:44 AM

2 front wheels, 2 back wheels, doesn't matter. I'd rather walk than be a "Tricyclist."

acecycleins 08-13-2008 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 191264)
2 front wheels, 2 back wheels, doesn't matter. I'd rather walk than be a "Tricyclist."

You say that now. But wait until you're 70 and have worse knees (not worse looking) than now.

Kenneth_Moore 08-13-2008 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acecycleins (Post 191269)
You say that now. But wait until you're 70 and have worse knees (not worse looking) than now.

"Spyder XI: now with built in Depends dispenser!"

seruzawa 08-13-2008 12:25 PM

I'm with Ken.

For me, if I get to the point where I can't ride I'll go to sports cars. A mini is more fun that any 700+ pound two-wheeled pig anyhow.