Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2009 Harley-Davidson VRSCF V-Rod Muscle Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/9102-2009-harley-davidson-vrscf-v-rod-muscle-review.html)

Administrator 08-05-2008 10:59 AM

2009 Harley-Davidson VRSCF V-Rod Muscle Review

Original Article:
2009 Harley-Davidson VRSCF V-Rod Muscle Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2009 Harley-Davidson VRSCF V-Rod Muscle Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

12er 08-05-2008 12:08 PM

Ah the smell of roasted leg, mmmm mmmm....

Buzglyd 08-05-2008 12:11 PM

I dig it. I've always been a Vrod fan but never owned one. I'm sure there are spectacular deals to be had on used ones these days.

Another Harley with a "proper motor" that doesn't sell well. I know, "put it in a sport-tourer and I'd buy it."

Ducati can't even sell S/T bikes anymore.

BrowningBAR 08-05-2008 12:16 PM

I wonder how it would sell if it looked exactly like a classic HD cruiser?

Buzglyd 08-05-2008 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrowningBAR (Post 190687)
I wonder how it would seel if it looked exactly like a classic HD cruiser?

I think that's impossible. Not too many classic H-D cruisers with a radiator, giant airbox and huge mufflers.

The_AirHawk 08-05-2008 01:59 PM

Even though it's not my kind of ride - I find it somewhat pleasing to the eye - moreso than the previous V-Rods.

However, the name is still appallingly hideous.

seruzawa 08-05-2008 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 190703)
Even though it's not my kind of ride - I find it somewhat pleasing to the eye - moreso than the previous V-Rods.

However, the name is still appallingly hideous.

So, which muscle do you think HD is referring to? There are so many opportunites for jokes here that one doesn't know where to begin.

I guess it's better than calling it the VSRC Rubbie.

The_AirHawk 08-05-2008 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 190706)
So, which muscle do you think HD is referring to? There are so many opportunites for jokes here that one doesn't know where to begin.

I guess it's better than calling it the VSRC Rubbie.

Gluteus Maximus.

That, or Table Muscle - the so-called "Toolshed" most of this bike's target-clientele are busy "building up".

mscuddy 08-05-2008 06:35 PM

Cooked legs are acceptable on an old Husky Desert Master, or my DT2 with the TT pipe. But on an '08 street bike that costs big $$$, a Harley fer chrissakes, that's unacceptable.

opie 08-05-2008 07:53 PM

I've seen that rear fender / light set-up before...

...on the Yamaha Warrior.

Which is interesting because the V-rod had so many things in common with the V-Max. Except the V-Max did it all in 1985.