Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 07-31-2008, 03:29 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default 2008 Yamaha Majesty Review

Original Article:
2008 Yamaha Majesty Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2008 Yamaha Majesty Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-01-2008, 02:16 PM   #2
theDuke
Founding Member

Default Big Scooters

I've been seeing a lot more scooters on the road during the past few months than I ever have. These bigger models are definitely interesting seeing that they are capable (and comfortably stable) on the freeway.

I can't help but notice, however, that they don't exactly produce mind-blowing fuel economy. 51 mpg is decent, but not really better than one can get with a Harley Sportster. I would have thought they would do better with a 400cc single. My old and dearly missed 500cc Honda GB500 easily exceeded 60 mpg even when ridden hard.

Why isn't the fuel economy better? Is it the automatic transmission that's inefficient? It certainly looks like a slick aerodynamic package and while not exactly light weight, it's not a pig, either.

Again, I'm all for more people discovering the joy of two-wheeled transportation, I'm just not blown away by the mileage figures.
theDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 11:15 PM   #3
OhioSteve
Founding Member

I suspect that 0-60 in 11 second may be inaccurate. My four cylinder honda accord does 0-60 in 8.3 seconds. The Majesty has a FAR better power to weight ratio than my car.
OhioSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 11:17 PM   #4
OhioSteve
Founding Member

When will see see a head-to-head matchup of the Burghman 650 and the Tmax!! Enquiring minds want to know...I would love to see video of a Tmax on ButtonWillow.
OhioSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:50 AM   #5
TheScooterScoop
Registered Member

Default Maaaybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioSteve View Post
When will see see a head-to-head matchup of the Burghman 650 and the Tmax!! Enquiring minds want to know...I would love to see video of a Tmax on ButtonWillow.
Hrm... I may need to find a track that's closer to Cypress, CA... Then I'll have to find a volunteer Burgman 650 owner who'd be willing to put her on the track. If I can get those things together, I'll do it! Lemme do a little research.
TheScooterScoop is offline   Reply With Quote