Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2009 Big Bear Choppers Dealer Summit (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/9032-2009-big-bear-choppers-dealer-summit.html)

Administrator 07-29-2008 03:18 PM

2009 Big Bear Choppers Dealer Summit

Original Article:
2009 Big Bear Choppers Dealer Summit

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2009 Big Bear Choppers Dealer Summit in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

mscuddy 07-29-2008 03:42 PM

I dunno, it's been, what, a year and a half since my wreck? And in that short time the chopper scene has seemed to have taken off like a ruptured duck. I don't understand it. Never did I guess. All goes back to seeing that guy on a rat AEE chopper on the 110 freeway, grider forks and frame flexing like a rubber band. He was barefoot too. Oh well, another fad hits motorcycledom. Seems to be a bad time to market high-end botique bikes, but what do I know, I'm just a drug addled cripple stuck inside my own head.

newagetwotone 07-29-2008 04:09 PM

Meh, Don't feel to bad, idk why but my arthritis is acting up so bad that i cant step over one of my cousins dirt bikes to go ride with him while he;s back from Iraq. I'm 22 and have it so bad there are days my fiance has to help me up and the next day I feel like i could do back flips. What kind of drugs are you on? I get some pretty heavy painkillers and man do they make me loopy.

mscuddy 07-29-2008 04:19 PM

Dilauded, Morphene Sulphate, Norco, Vicoden, Ativan, lorazepam, beer & moonshine...you're only 22, what happened? Lots of injuries, wrecks? I'm 50 and on my way out. Whatever, we never know how much time we've got, eh?

sfcdjevans 07-29-2008 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newagetwotone (Post 190196)
Meh, Don't feel to bad, idk why but my arthritis is acting up so bad that i cant step over one of my cousins dirt bikes to go ride with him while he;s back from Iraq. I'm 22 and have it so bad there are days my fiance has to help me up and the next day I feel like i could do back flips. What kind of drugs are you on? I get some pretty heavy painkillers and man do they make me loopy.

Ankylosing Spondilitis,per chance?

BrowningBAR 07-29-2008 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newagetwotone (Post 190196)

My business partner has had issues with Arthritis since his early 20s. He's on some meds that seem to do the trick pretty well and they aren't pain killers. I'll ask him what he takes and pass the info on to you. You might already be on them and have it worse off then him, but it couldn't hurt to ask.

sachiwilson 07-29-2008 08:18 PM

I sure as heck hope that isn't rheumatoid arth you have.

newagetwotone 07-29-2008 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscuddy (Post 190197)
Dilauded, Morphene Sulphate, Norco, Vicoden, Ativan, lorazepam, beer & moonshine...you're only 22, what happened? Lots of injuries, wrecks? I'm 50 and on my way out. Whatever, we never know how much time we've got, eh?

Wow, I have Morphene, oxycoden, oxycotin, beer (when i can afford it) and lots of hard liquor (left over from living with my parents, when ihad money)

To be honest most of the damage i've done (most to my spine, knees and hips) is from dirt bike accidents, the clutch handle was broke on my old CL100 so we didn't use it.....dont ask. the cable snapped one day (my dad blames its lack of use) threw me pretty good. On top of that i did lots of stupid things on bicycles, i flipped them, got tossed from them, drove one off a 25 foot cliff, dragged myself down a hill while racing. On top of that my mom started with arthritis when she was 12 and i started when I was about 13, my mom is bad enough that she cant do anything with ice or snow, neither of us can shovel snow anymore, she cant make Hamburgers (cold ground meat) it sucks, really does.

newagetwotone 07-29-2008 08:24 PM

To add to that, with not having health insurance anymore, most of my pain pills are left overs from when i did and a couple of samples. i ration them because i have no way to get them anymore.

anrajala 07-30-2008 12:28 AM

That's too bad. You guys should have universal health care like every other industrial country has. But for some reason it seems to me its the poor and the christians who are most against it. Does not make any sense at all.

- cruiz-euro