Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Harley-Davidson On Its Recent MV Agusta Takeover (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/9031-harley-davidson-its-recent-mv-agusta-takeover.html)

Administrator 07-29-2008 01:56 PM

Harley-Davidson On Its Recent MV Agusta Takeover

Original Article:
Harley-Davidson On Its Recent MV Agusta Takeover

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Harley-Davidson On Its Recent MV Agusta Takeover in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

seruzawa 07-29-2008 02:03 PM

Oh dear.

"MV Agusta is positioned well above other European premium brands on the basis of price and profile, while Buell is more at parity with brands like Triumph, Aprilia and BMW."

Here come the Beemerphiles.

Buzglyd 07-29-2008 02:09 PM

Funny how the "D" word wasn't mentioned in those comments about premium Italian motorcycles.

tigerowner_ut 07-29-2008 03:13 PM

Hope it isn't bad luck

If anyone can pull MV-Cagiva out of the hole they have been in I suppose Harley could do it with their current domination in US sales. I wonder how this acquisition will fold into Buell's product development. Will the next non Harley mill in a Buell come from MV? Seems like a possibility but with the low production numbers of MV will it be possible?

Too bad Husqvarna was purchased by BMW. A dirt bike line would add something to the Harley product line that is currently missing. Perhaps Cagiva could get dirty again?

Overall I think that this merger could go either way. Lets hope Harley gains more market share and MV/Cagiva can grow with the strong Harley backing. If not this could be the next Dahmler-Chrysler.

12er 07-29-2008 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 190188)
"MV Agusta is positioned well above other European premium brands on the basis of price and profile, while Buell is more at parity with brands like Triumph, Aprilia and BMW."

Here come the Beemerphiles.

Isnt there no pinwheel tax in Europe? Is there vaseline tax for Harley in Europe? Or is it just us in the US of A that gets both the pinwheel tax and vaseline tax? Oh sorry Roundel tax...

Buzglyd 07-29-2008 05:12 PM

Tor should have asked him if he thought Euros were going to start wearing arm chaps.

acecycleins 07-30-2008 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 190202)
Tor should have asked him if he thought Euros were going to start wearing arm chaps.

I picture Marco Melandri on a 2010 WSBK MV with Arlen Ness Leathers. Many rider's are b!tching because the tassels are beating them upon the arms and necks during passes. HA!

Buzglyd 07-30-2008 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acecycleins (Post 190248)
I picture Marco Melandri on a 2010 WSBK MV with Arlen Ness Leathers. Many rider's are b!tching because the tassels are beating them upon the arms and necks during passes. HA!

Never happen. Ness is a Victory guy.

Those a$$less chaps will make for an interesting rear mount camera view though.