Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 07-31-2008, 10:05 AM   #21
vermicious
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedKestrel View Post
You can't shift a CVT! Either this is a electro-clutched sequential ala the FJRJ1300, or this is actually a CVT and the only time any "shifting" takes place is when you put it into pretend-manual mode and you change between programmed imaginary gear ratios. In automatic mode, there would be *no* shifting.
And your point is what? If the rider is able to alter the drive ratios at will by using on bike controls I can't think of any reason to complain about the mechanism by which it's achieved... unless fixed gear transmissions have some religious significance for you or something.
vermicious is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-31-2008, 11:57 AM   #22
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermicious View Post
And your point is what? If the rider is able to alter the drive ratios at will by using on bike controls I can't think of any reason to complain about the mechanism by which it's achieved... unless fixed gear transmissions have some religious significance for you or something.
Ba-ZING!!!
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:36 PM   #23
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetwotone View Post
Ba-ZING!!!
I have no problem with cvts or any other type of transmission. I just don't want to be one of the beta testers. EFI and electronic ignitions took several years before they became reliable. So I'll wait a couple of years before I think about spending my hard earned cash on the lastest and greatest.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:03 PM   #24
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

The only "automatic" bike I've ridden was the Boss Hoss thet LR is still whinning about, course with 355 horses on tap it really didn't matter if it was an auto or not.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote