Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 07-23-2008, 02:11 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default 2008 Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix at Laguna Seca

Original Article:
<a href="http://www.motorcycle.com//events/2008-red-bull-us-grand-prix-at-laguna-seca-86610.html">2008 Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix at Laguna Seca</a>

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2008 Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix at Laguna Seca in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2008, 02:24 PM   #2
ducatiparti
Founding Member

Great article. Very accurate. I also did the route (mostly) that you did and agree that it is some of the best riding in the country. SCRAMP has learned from it's past mistakes and has put on a very well organized event for the last couple of years. All of the volunteers I dealt with were courteous and helpful to boot. One thing though, celebrities (flown in by helicopter no less!) did not add "presitge" to the MotoGP weekend. That would belong to the likes of Rainey, Lawson, Roberts, etc.
ducatiparti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:13 PM   #3
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatiparti View Post
Great article. Very accurate. I also did the route (mostly) that you did and agree that it is some of the best riding in the country. SCRAMP has learned from it's past mistakes and has put on a very well organized event for the last couple of years. All of the volunteers I dealt with were courteous and helpful to boot. One thing though, celebrities (flown in by helicopter no less!) did not add "presitge" to the MotoGP weekend. That would belong to the likes of Rainey, Lawson, Roberts, etc.
Thanks for the kudos. And I agree with your assessment of the kinds of people that add prestige. I was just indiscriminately dropping names. No offense intended to the racing greats who I respect highly.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 07:28 AM   #4
acecycleins
Founding Member

Kevin- was the last shot on that road that goes by the base brig? I think I've been down that path before.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:38 AM   #5
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Actually, that was on Santa Rosa Creek Road out of Cambria. But thanks for playing!
Old 07-24-2008, 08:20 AM   #6
acecycleins
Founding Member

Johnny- am I still eligible for the year supply of mac n cheese?
I want my parting gift!
Old 07-24-2008, 12:22 PM   #7
xlr8r
Founding Member

Default Brilliant article

Brilliant article, and really, really good pictures, Fonzie. Saw the race itself live on tv over here in the UK, but your article and atmospheric shots give the authentic heat'n'dust, the smell of racing oil and beer, and above all the intensity of the sunshine! Not as good as actually being there, I'm sure, but pretty close. More please.
xlr8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:35 PM   #8
sfcdjevans
Registered Member

"...attendance of mega-celeb Tom Cruise and mini-celeb Verne “Mini-Me” Troyer reinforced the event’s prestige.". Name dropping? OK that must be a West Coast thing. Bring on the 800 cc comparo!!!!!
Old 07-28-2008, 01:29 AM   #9
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlr8r View Post
Brilliant article, and really, really good pictures, Fonzie. Saw the race itself live on tv over here in the UK, but your article and atmospheric shots give the authentic heat'n'dust, the smell of racing oil and beer, and above all the intensity of the sunshine! Not as good as actually being there, I'm sure, but pretty close. More please.
Thanks for writing in, Mom! Strange, I didn't know you had relocated to the UK...