Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2008, 05:55 AM   #31
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
Yes, here at motorcycle.com we strive to be euphorically politically correct. Instead of "raped ape" the acceptable term would be "an ape who received unwanted sexual advances".

So, remember, there is never a reason to use the term "raped ape", because "raped ape" is insensitive to all apes that have been raped. "Raped ape" is a classless term that is not fitting of a fine, and proper forum. And a forum is serious business for serious topics of conversations where terms like "raped ape" are looked down upon. Just thinking of the term "raped ape" could get you banned from a serious and proper forum. So to conclude, "raped ape" should not be used on a forum as using the term "raped ape" is an insult to all visiting apes that view this forum looking for serious information.

...besides, using the term "it hummed like a two dollar wh*re" is a far more fitting.
You sure can pile of sarcasm like a raped ape!
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-25-2008, 08:51 AM   #32
newagetwotone
Registered Member
 
newagetwotone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Got a number you can be reached-at when that happens? I figure you wanna be the first to know.
Well there goes a mouthful of pop onto my computer screen

Ya know, I dislike peach crush coming out my nose....
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:06 AM   #33
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator
 
sachiwilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,609
Default

Ya know, guys. You don't like stuff moderated here. Several of you say we don't need moderation because "we're all adults here." That's fine, but it works only if you act like adults when you post. That, unfortunately, does not seem to happen very often. I'm sorry that you all can't grasp that concept.
__________________
Frappé LaRue
*Safety Queen*
Are you a Rounder?

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:34 AM   #34
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachiwilson View Post
Ya know, guys. You don't like stuff moderated here. Several of you say we don't need moderation because "we're all adults here." That's fine, but it works only if you act like adults when you post. That, unfortunately, does not seem to happen very often. I'm sorry that you all can't grasp that concept.
I don't know if any of us have claimed to be adults.

Be happy that you've claimed 1st place in the wet blanket competition.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:27 AM   #35
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
I don't know if any of us have claimed to be adults.

Be happy that you've claimed 1st place in the wet blanket competition.
She just figured this out? MO has been like this for almost 10 freakin' years now. Vistually every other motorcycle site is ruled by political correctness, i.e. Stalinism. Plenty of alternatives.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:15 AM   #36
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default God darn it Mr. Lamarr........

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
She just figured this out? MO has been like this for almost 10 freakin' years now. Vistually every other motorcycle site is ruled by political correctness, i.e. Stalinism. Plenty of alternatives.

...you use your toungue purtier than a $20.00 wh*re.....
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:24 AM   #37
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator
 
sachiwilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
She just figured this out? MO has been like this for almost 10 freakin' years now.
I'm nothing if not persistent in my search for sweetness and light.
__________________
Frappé LaRue
*Safety Queen*
Are you a Rounder?

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:11 PM   #38
vermicious
Registered Member
 
vermicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
Don't get me wrong, I like Buells. I like them with the sporty engine in it.

But, Buells have always been odd looking.
Odd sure, ugly no. Some of the Buells are quite sharp looking. The biggest problem with this new line is those goofy shoulder pads up front. I understand why they're there but you'd think they could have come up with a more aesthetically consistent way of dressing them up.
vermicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:13 PM   #39
vermicious
Registered Member
 
vermicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachiwilson View Post
Ya know, guys. You don't like stuff moderated here. Several of you say we don't need moderation because "we're all adults here." That's fine, but it works only if you act like adults when you post. That, unfortunately, does not seem to happen very often. I'm sorry that you all can't grasp that concept.
Your logic is somewhat circular.
vermicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 02:14 PM   #40
tripleripple
Founding Member
 
tripleripple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lightly Fortified Compound (apartment): Chicago, IL
Posts: 421
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetwotone View Post
Well there goes a mouthful of pop onto my computer screen

Ya know, I dislike peach crush coming out my nose....
Peach Crush? Really?
tripleripple is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off