Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   FastRack Accessory Luggage Rack Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/8941-fastrack-accessory-luggage-rack-review.html)

Administrator 07-21-2008 03:48 PM

FastRack Accessory Luggage Rack Review

Original Article:
FastRack Accessory Luggage Rack Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article FastRack Accessory Luggage Rack Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Tombiker1 07-21-2008 06:48 PM

FastRack Fix

As one of the creators of the FastRack, I can tell you that the product we sent to Motorcycle.com (quite a while ago) has already been upgraded. For the same price, it is now powder-coated black, instead of the anodized finish on the example in the review. The thicker powder coating provides a more durable, nicer looking finish and also eliminates any sharpness to the edges, so it's all nice-n-smooth now! Thanks.

Kevin_Duke 07-21-2008 08:45 PM

Glad to know the FastRack has been upgraded, Tom!

FYI, readers, The Cycle Guys has an even cooler new product we're currently evaluating. Stay tuned!

longride 07-22-2008 05:11 AM

It was pretty good to begin with, but the improvements seal the deal!

vermicious 07-22-2008 06:02 AM

The pillion on my bike is heavily contoured... I'm not sure I could get this thing to sit still on it.

vermicious 07-22-2008 06:32 AM

Here's a question for you Tom. Please try to take this as an opportunity to explain the value of the product and not an assault on it. What's to stop me (or anyone for that matter) from buying a grill insert, some velcro straps and building my own "fastrack" for considerably less money?

seruzawa 07-22-2008 06:44 AM

Looks good. But I already have a spare milk crate to strap on back. Someone has to keep tradition alive.

Tombiker1 07-22-2008 07:02 AM

Not an assault at all. Another editor said that you could use a chunk of wood with some holes in it if you didn't mind looking like Jed Clampett. Hey, people open up a Drag Specialties catalog and build their own motorcycle, and I know plenty of people who have made their own exhaust, but Vance & Hines is still in business. You want to strap a Subaru grille onto your back seat, I say go for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vermicious (Post 189638)
Here's a question for you Tom. Please try to take this as an opportunity to explain the value of the product and not an assault on it. What's to stop me (or anyone for that matter) from buying a grill insert, some velcro straps and building my own "fastrack" for considerably less money?

vermicious 07-22-2008 07:32 AM

Fair enough but I was thinking hibachi ;-)

mocycles 07-22-2008 11:55 AM

Rice Rocket Rack

This would be the competition. It's definitely more expensive, but is a very nice piece of work. My friend just purchased one for his 2007 ZX10R, and finds it very useful. It actually replaces the passenger seat entirely, so that 1) the mounting is very secure, and 2) you don't have to worry about any damage to the seat.

Their web site is Rice Rocket Racks Flash Player 8 REQUIRED.. Check it out.