Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Rossi edges Stoner at Laguna Seca (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/8939-rossi-edges-stoner-laguna-seca.html)

Administrator 07-21-2008 04:20 PM

Rossi edges Stoner at Laguna Seca

Original Article:
Rossi edges Stoner at Laguna Seca

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Rossi edges Stoner at Laguna Seca in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

12er 07-21-2008 04:25 PM

What a race, Rossi and Stoner had the field by half a lap. I just could not believe the drive down the straight that Stoner had over Rossi, he'd close from many lengths back like he had an afterburner. The 125 rookies cup though was some of the best racing of the weekend. The first race on Sat had a 1 thousandth of a sec margin of victory, or basically the front tire. 13 year old vs a 16 year old, kids were a flyin'... It was also good to hear and smell the two smoke on the track again. Damn, nother year to go...

Kevin_Duke 07-21-2008 10:01 PM

Awesome MotoGP race. An even better Rookies Cup race. A few years ago, I used to beat Rookies Cup winner Ben Solis on an NSR50. Nowadays he'd spank me silly!

Buzglyd 07-21-2008 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 189613)
Awesome MotoGP race. An even better Rookies Cup race. A few years ago, I used to beat Rookies Cup winner Ben Solis on an NSR50. Nowadays he'd spank me silly!

I didn't know you were that kinda guy! ;-)

ShawnKing 07-21-2008 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by administrator (Post 189589)

It was a great race but the headline is *awfully* misleading. Rossi beat Stoner by 13 seconds - hardly what you could describe as "edging" him out for a win.

MrBruAl 07-22-2008 09:17 AM

Nice, even race coverage, Kevin.

I thought your coverage was "fair and balanced", as they say on Fox News:). Of course, I thought the same thing about my blog post. Then I had some guy from Australia--go figure--call me a wanker for suggesting that Stoner was a "distant" second. 13 seconds in MotoGP seems like 13 minutes in IndyCars.

Kevin_Duke 07-22-2008 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnKing (Post 189616)
It was a great race but the headline is *awfully* misleading. Rossi beat Stoner by 13 seconds - hardly what you could describe as "edging" him out for a win.

If you saw the first 20 or so laps of the race, replete with banging fairings and outrageous out-braking maneuvers and even some dirt-tracking down the corkscrew, I think "edging" is an accurate description. I only wish Stoner had stayed on two wheels to make the finish of the race as exciting as the first 85% of it!

acecycleins 07-22-2008 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 189671)
If you saw the first 20 or so laps of the race, replete with banging fairings and outrageous out-braking maneuvers and even some dirt-tracking down the corkscrew, I think "edging" is an accurate description. I only wish Stoner had stayed on two wheels to make the finish of the race as exciting as the first 85% of it!

In the infamous words of WWE personality Ted E Long- TRUE THAT!

ShawnKing 07-22-2008 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 189671)
If you saw the first 20 or so laps of the race
I did.
replete with banging fairings and outrageous out-braking maneuvers and even some dirt-tracking down the corkscrew, I think "edging" is an accurate description.

Again - beating a guy by 13 seconds in MotoGP is not "edging" him out. Stoner got *spanked*, not edged. :)

longride 07-22-2008 07:27 PM

Maybe you should have watched the race before commenting.