Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2008 Aprilia SportCity 250 Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/8921-2008-aprilia-sportcity-250-review.html)

Administrator 07-14-2008 03:21 PM

2008 Aprillia SportCity 250 Review

Original Article:
2008 Aprillia SportCity 250 Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2008 Aprillia SportCity 250 Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Kenneth_Moore 07-14-2008 04:25 PM

I read the review and damned if I don't want to go out and buy one of these beauties! I was at a party Saturday and this guy pulled up on a new Chinese scooter he'd purchased for about $2,500. He couldn't stop talking about how fun it was. Unfortunately the bastard wasn't giving out rides, so I commented on how cheesy the instruments were and how the wheel looked out of round. One thing he mentioned: the importer he got his scooter from said he was shipping 50 scoots A DAY. A few months ago that was a good week for him.

sfcdjevans 07-14-2008 06:13 PM

Yea my mind started churning too. With this for the commute to work a sport tourer that only gets how many miles to the gallon may suddenly be justifyable for trips and weekend fun. The MSRP was what again...? Sorry economy is part of my paradigm. C-14? Never gonna happen.

TheScooterScoop 07-15-2008 07:25 AM

SportyCity - Itsa a niiiice!

(ok, that was a pretty bad Borat imitation)

Anyway, the MSRP is $4599... For big bike enthusiasts it might take a little getting used to how quite a scooter is... or how most scooters won't pop a wheelie, but they're still fun and functional. For a sport biker to buy a scooter it's like a Porsche owner buying a Beetle. You take you're Porsche out when you need a little adrenalin rush... other than that you're havin' fun puttin' around in your little Beetle.

Go ahead and give one a test drive. I won't tell yer friends. ;-)

-steve

GIJoeBob 07-15-2008 07:36 AM

It looks and sounds like a great tall wheeled scooter that will give the other big names a run for their money. Thanks for the heads up!

seruzawa 07-15-2008 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 189102)
I read the review and damned if I don't want to go out and buy one of these beauties! I was at a party Saturday and this guy pulled up on a new Chinese scooter he'd purchased for about $2,500. He couldn't stop talking about how fun it was. Unfortunately the bastard wasn't giving out rides, so I commented on how cheesy the instruments were and how the wheel looked out of round. One thing he mentioned: the importer he got his scooter from said he was shipping 50 scoots A DAY. A few months ago that was a good week for him.

And with those mainland Chinese scooters in a few months about 50 per day are going to the junkyard.

vermicious 07-21-2008 01:12 PM

Heck of a lot cheaper than I would have expected. Looks like a decent little ride.