Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2008 Oddball Literbikes Comparison: Benelli Tornado Tre 1130 vs. Buell 1125R vs. Ducati 1098S (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/8891-2008-oddball-literbikes-comparison-benelli-tornado-tre-1130-vs-buell-1125r-vs-ducati-1098s.html)

vermicious 07-17-2008 06:55 AM

I look at the benelli and I think "heineken"

vermicious 07-17-2008 06:59 AM

The Buell definitely win out in the bang for the buck department.

sarnali2 07-17-2008 07:28 AM

I imagine all those guys waiting for Buell to put a "decent" motor in thier bikes will be standing in line for this one...unless of course it's raining....

Buzglyd 07-17-2008 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 189312)
I imagine all those guys waiting for Buell to put a "decent" motor in thier bikes will be standing in line for this one...unless of course it's raining....

They decided to stand in line for the iPhone instead.

bbtowns 07-17-2008 09:30 AM

Best article I've read on this site in a few years. The Duc is a bit like the old gun at the knife fight, but none of these are exactly comparable. I thought your comment that the proprietary brakes on the Buell have the rest of the sportbike world catching up a bit out of place, when you said in the article that it's brakes don't match up to the 4 piston brembos on the other bikes. While that brake design is certainly effective, I've also noticed it doesn't quite stand up to my Duc's or Aprilia's brakes (this is from an XB12, not the 1125r). Thanks for including the Buell though, it's great to see it in a head to head comparo that isn't against the japanese liter bikes, which isn't really the competition for most folks purchasing that bike. A good step for Buell, and for Ducati for that matter. That Benelli is beautiful, but I don't see myself dropping 16K on a Benelli.

Pete_Brissette 07-17-2008 11:04 AM

Bzzzz! Next contestant, please.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbtowns (Post 189327)
Best article I've read on this site in a few years... I thought your comment that the proprietary brakes on the Buell have the rest of the sportbike world catching up a bit out of place, when you said in the article that it's brakes don't match up to the 4 piston brembos on the other bikes. While that brake design is certainly effective, I've also noticed it doesn't quite stand up to my Duc's or Aprilia's brakes (this is from an XB12, not the 1125r).

"...under-slung exhaust that has the rest of the sportbike world playing catch-up..."

No worries. I misread all the time. Kudos on the story is always appreciated. :rolleyes:

anrajala 07-18-2008 02:54 PM

>I imagine all those guys waiting for Buell to put a "decent" motor
>in thier bikes will be standing in line for this one...unless of
>course it's raining....

Too true. There is only one word for an engine not running properly below 3.5 k RPM: crap. Was this the much ballyhooed Austrian Rotax engine that was supposed to wax some butt? Fuggenschakes.

- cruiz-euro

newagetwotone 07-19-2008 09:01 AM

Thank you Sachi...

Excuse my behavior please. Bad day, too much to drink, ect. thanks.

sachiwilson 07-19-2008 12:23 PM

No problem! I've done it myself. ;)

anrajala 07-21-2008 03:21 AM

Been there done that. No worries.

- cruiz-euro