Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 07-11-2008, 05:21 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default 2008 Moto Morini Corsaro Review

Original Article:
2008 Moto Morini Corsaro Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2008 Moto Morini Corsaro Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-11-2008, 05:31 PM   #2
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Well, it's nice to read a test where a motorcycle has some actual FLAWS in it. Once again el perfecto Yosef, you would have fit in perfect at Dirt Bike in the early 70's. Ah, where has the time gone...
Old 07-11-2008, 05:35 PM   #3
sfcdjevans
Registered Member

Damn ya beat me! Great review of the review!
Old 07-11-2008, 10:55 PM   #4
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Looks like mostly a Brutale ripoff with some Ducati ripoff thrown in for good measure.

The Japanese invented the term "cruiser" for H-D ripoffs. Maybe there is an Italian word for this.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 04:42 AM   #5
sfcdjevans
Registered Member

Default Just asking...

Good point. Made me aware of my prejudice. What have we seen anywhere that is new? I'm not saying that the world is over but what has anyone seen that is "new"? I was gonna say tongue in cheek that the life guard at the pool was new. Yes she was new to the pool, but in reality she was just another model of line of atheletic, attractive women who apperantly don't mind being up before the crack of dawn to sit by a pool and watch an old guy swim laps. Could it be said that the "motard" was new?
Old 07-12-2008, 04:58 AM   #6
seruzawa
The Toad

Default You asked for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcdjevans View Post
Good point. Made me aware of my prejudice. What have we seen anywhere that is new? I'm not saying that the world is over but what has anyone seen that is "new"? I was gonna say tongue in cheek that the life guard at the pool was new. Yes she was new to the pool, but in reality she was just another model of line of atheletic, attractive women who apperantly don't mind being up before the crack of dawn to sit by a pool and watch an old guy swim laps. Could it be said that the "motard" was new?
Obama is new! He is hope! And he will change everything. Because the past is, like, the past and stuff. But the future.... well that's ahead of us.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:51 AM   #7
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Obama is new! He is hope! And he will change everything. Because the past is, like, the past and stuff. But the future.... well that's ahead of us.
And the future is all-about Change! Like the Change you find under the cushions of your couch...............
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 03:28 AM   #8
xlr8r
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Looks like mostly a Brutale ripoff with some Ducati ripoff thrown in for good measure.

The Japanese invented the term "cruiser" for H-D ripoffs. Maybe there is an Italian word for this.
Actually, Buz, the Morini is entirely new, and isn't a rip-off of anything at all. The engine architecture is very, very clever - much more so than the Monster, or even the new Monster, which are both tied to their Pantah roots. Like the Morinis of the 70s, this motor is designed to exist in several configurations and sizes, all from the same assembly line: it's very well thought out for such a tiny company. As for its looks, well, that's just the current fashion for naked bikes. Trellis frames are the thing these days, just as slab-sided tanks and twin shocks were for the late 70s. Yes, they could have gone all manga like KTM but if you're chasing conquest sales from a zero base and trying to make a name for yourself all over again, you put it where people will recognise it rather than shy away.
We've had the Corsaro and its relatives - there are about five different versions of the bike already - for a couple of years now in the UK and EU. Although for some people too much power will never be enough, bar-room wisdom after the test-rides says that the so-called 9 1/2 (named to recall the famous 3 1/2 of the 70s, though the engine is still the 1200) which is softer tuned, has a single-sided exhaust, a more touring-oriented set of bars etc, and a single hard bag where the other exhaust would be, is the one you'd actually buy and ride in all weathers. As Sr Lambertini says in a European mag interview, 'Ducati build racebikes, we build bikes for the road, and they're different.'
xlr8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:34 AM   #9
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlr8r View Post
Actually, Buz, the Morini is entirely new, and isn't a rip-off of anything at all. The engine architecture is very, very clever - much more so than the Monster, or even the new Monster, which are both tied to their Pantah roots. Like the Morinis of the 70s, this motor is designed to exist in several configurations and sizes, all from the same assembly line: it's very well thought out for such a tiny company. As for its looks, well, that's just the current fashion for naked bikes. Trellis frames are the thing these days, just as slab-sided tanks and twin shocks were for the late 70s. Yes, they could have gone all manga like KTM but if you're chasing conquest sales from a zero base and trying to make a name for yourself all over again, you put it where people will recognise it rather than shy away.
We've had the Corsaro and its relatives - there are about five different versions of the bike already - for a couple of years now in the UK and EU. Although for some people too much power will never be enough, bar-room wisdom after the test-rides says that the so-called 9 1/2 (named to recall the famous 3 1/2 of the 70s, though the engine is still the 1200) which is softer tuned, has a single-sided exhaust, a more touring-oriented set of bars etc, and a single hard bag where the other exhaust would be, is the one you'd actually buy and ride in all weathers. As Sr Lambertini says in a European mag interview, 'Ducati build racebikes, we build bikes for the road, and they're different.'
Could you be more specific?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote