Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2008, 05:21 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: On My Bike
Posts: 1
Default 2008 Moto Morini Corsaro Review


Original Article:
2008 Moto Morini Corsaro Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2008 Moto Morini Corsaro Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-11-2008, 05:31 PM   #2
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

 
mscuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Next to my still checkin the temp.
Posts: 5,449
Default

Well, it's nice to read a test where a motorcycle has some actual FLAWS in it. Once again el perfecto Yosef, you would have fit in perfect at Dirt Bike in the early 70's. Ah, where has the time gone...
__________________
A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.
mscuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 05:35 PM   #3
sfcdjevans
Registered Member
 
sfcdjevans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 43.47N-76.48W
Posts: 956
Default

Damn ya beat me! Great review of the review!
__________________
3425 miles from Reading, UK
Why their heads on a pike of course. If I thought it would do any good.
sfcdjevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 10:55 PM   #4
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,904
Default

Looks like mostly a Brutale ripoff with some Ducati ripoff thrown in for good measure.

The Japanese invented the term "cruiser" for H-D ripoffs. Maybe there is an Italian word for this.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 04:42 AM   #5
sfcdjevans
Registered Member
 
sfcdjevans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 43.47N-76.48W
Posts: 956
Default Just asking...

Good point. Made me aware of my prejudice. What have we seen anywhere that is new? I'm not saying that the world is over but what has anyone seen that is "new"? I was gonna say tongue in cheek that the life guard at the pool was new. Yes she was new to the pool, but in reality she was just another model of line of atheletic, attractive women who apperantly don't mind being up before the crack of dawn to sit by a pool and watch an old guy swim laps. Could it be said that the "motard" was new?
__________________
3425 miles from Reading, UK
Why their heads on a pike of course. If I thought it would do any good.
sfcdjevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 04:58 AM   #6
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default You asked for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcdjevans View Post
Good point. Made me aware of my prejudice. What have we seen anywhere that is new? I'm not saying that the world is over but what has anyone seen that is "new"? I was gonna say tongue in cheek that the life guard at the pool was new. Yes she was new to the pool, but in reality she was just another model of line of atheletic, attractive women who apperantly don't mind being up before the crack of dawn to sit by a pool and watch an old guy swim laps. Could it be said that the "motard" was new?
Obama is new! He is hope! And he will change everything. Because the past is, like, the past and stuff. But the future.... well that's ahead of us.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 10:51 AM   #7
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Obama is new! He is hope! And he will change everything. Because the past is, like, the past and stuff. But the future.... well that's ahead of us.
And the future is all-about Change! Like the Change you find under the cushions of your couch...............
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 03:28 AM   #8
xlr8r
Founding Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Looks like mostly a Brutale ripoff with some Ducati ripoff thrown in for good measure.

The Japanese invented the term "cruiser" for H-D ripoffs. Maybe there is an Italian word for this.
Actually, Buz, the Morini is entirely new, and isn't a rip-off of anything at all. The engine architecture is very, very clever - much more so than the Monster, or even the new Monster, which are both tied to their Pantah roots. Like the Morinis of the 70s, this motor is designed to exist in several configurations and sizes, all from the same assembly line: it's very well thought out for such a tiny company. As for its looks, well, that's just the current fashion for naked bikes. Trellis frames are the thing these days, just as slab-sided tanks and twin shocks were for the late 70s. Yes, they could have gone all manga like KTM but if you're chasing conquest sales from a zero base and trying to make a name for yourself all over again, you put it where people will recognise it rather than shy away.
We've had the Corsaro and its relatives - there are about five different versions of the bike already - for a couple of years now in the UK and EU. Although for some people too much power will never be enough, bar-room wisdom after the test-rides says that the so-called 9 1/2 (named to recall the famous 3 1/2 of the 70s, though the engine is still the 1200) which is softer tuned, has a single-sided exhaust, a more touring-oriented set of bars etc, and a single hard bag where the other exhaust would be, is the one you'd actually buy and ride in all weathers. As Sr Lambertini says in a European mag interview, 'Ducati build racebikes, we build bikes for the road, and they're different.'
xlr8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:34 AM   #9
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlr8r View Post
Actually, Buz, the Morini is entirely new, and isn't a rip-off of anything at all. The engine architecture is very, very clever - much more so than the Monster, or even the new Monster, which are both tied to their Pantah roots. Like the Morinis of the 70s, this motor is designed to exist in several configurations and sizes, all from the same assembly line: it's very well thought out for such a tiny company. As for its looks, well, that's just the current fashion for naked bikes. Trellis frames are the thing these days, just as slab-sided tanks and twin shocks were for the late 70s. Yes, they could have gone all manga like KTM but if you're chasing conquest sales from a zero base and trying to make a name for yourself all over again, you put it where people will recognise it rather than shy away.
We've had the Corsaro and its relatives - there are about five different versions of the bike already - for a couple of years now in the UK and EU. Although for some people too much power will never be enough, bar-room wisdom after the test-rides says that the so-called 9 1/2 (named to recall the famous 3 1/2 of the 70s, though the engine is still the 1200) which is softer tuned, has a single-sided exhaust, a more touring-oriented set of bars etc, and a single hard bag where the other exhaust would be, is the one you'd actually buy and ride in all weathers. As Sr Lambertini says in a European mag interview, 'Ducati build racebikes, we build bikes for the road, and they're different.'
Could you be more specific?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off