Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Harley-Davidson Museum Grand Opening (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/8792-harley-davidson-museum-grand-opening.html)

Administrator 07-09-2008 11:19 AM

Harley-Davidson Museum Grand Opening

Original Article:
Harley-Davidson Museum Grand Opening

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Harley-Davidson Museum Grand Opening in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

DonM 07-09-2008 04:14 PM

The building looks drab because there is no chrome. I'm sure they will change it in the years ahead. Congrats HD.

The_AirHawk 07-09-2008 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonM (Post 188740)
The building looks drab because there is no chrome. I'm sure they will change it in the years ahead. Congrats HD.

They've got a program where you can "memorialize" someone (or something) on a stainless-steel "rivet" that they're gonna tack up all-over the building and on the sidewalks, etc. This will "chrome it up" nicely.

Gotta admire 'em - the way they're chargin' for these "rivets" will provide The Motor Company Museum with a nice chunk O' change - prolly pay for most of the Museum itself - where else you gonna "Immortalize" yerself with somethin' that amounts to nothin', and be charged a premium for it?

In 25-years, people can walk by yer rivet and say "Who the FRAKK is 'The AirHawk' - and why was this arsehole dumb-enough to shell-out his hard-earned money for one of these things?"

sachiwilson 07-09-2008 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 188746)
. . . where else you gonna "Immortalize" yerself with somethin' that amounts to nothin', and be charged a premium for it?

Oh, I dunno. this may be a dopey idea but it is used in a fair number of places. In Seattle, the Pike Place Market was remodeled in part from money the city got selling floor tiles. I was happy to buy one of those - I just love that market.

Kenneth_Moore 07-09-2008 06:20 PM

Quote:

In 25-years, people can walk by yer rivet and say "Who the FRAKK is 'The AirHawk' - and why was this arsehole dumb-enough to shell-out his hard-earned money for one of these things?"

I say we get one to represent the gang here! "Mofos of the 21st Century" or something. And we can sponsor a urnial for...ok, that's mean, never mind.

vermicious 07-10-2008 06:11 AM

besides, he only deserves a cake... not a whole urinal

sarnali2 07-10-2008 07:41 AM

Ya' gotta' admit......

Quote:

They've got a program where you can "memorialize" someone (or something) on a stainless-steel "rivet" that they're gonna tack up all-over the building and on the sidewalks, etc. This will "chrome it up" nicely.

Gotta admire 'em - the way they're chargin' for these "rivets" will provide The Motor Company Museum with a nice chunk O' change - prolly pay for most of the Museum itself - where else you gonna "Immortalize" yerself with somethin' that amounts to nothin', and be charged a premium for it?

Them boys got a nose for money thay just won't quit LOL

sfcdjevans 07-10-2008 04:07 PM

On second thought, never mind.

The_AirHawk 07-10-2008 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vermicious (Post 188790)
besides, he only deserves a cake... not a whole urinal

If someone could find me his Work addy, I'll FedEx him one from the case in the Men's room............

"What's this? FedEx? For ME? Must be something Important.............."

longride 07-11-2008 04:55 AM

Since I am already immortal, how will this help me?