Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Harley-Davidson Museum Grand Opening (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/8792-harley-davidson-museum-grand-opening.html)

mscuddy 07-11-2008 07:55 AM

Let me guess, they have a section for vee twins, right?

sarnali2 07-11-2008 07:58 AM

I bet they have a dandy section on ditch pumps....

bigjames 07-11-2008 08:16 AM

Mis-identified bike...

Nice museum, nice article, about time the museum was moved from York to Milwaukee. Saying that, identifying a Duo-Glide as Elvis's KH is inexcusable for something called Motorcycle Online, especially when one considers the fact that Harley stated many moons ago that Elvis never owned that particular bike (assuming you mean the KH with Elvis on it from 1956) and that it has always been part of H-D's collection. The Panhead in the pic, I do believe, he did own though... along with many, many more...

sarnali2 07-11-2008 09:12 AM

Well KH's look just like Panheads, except for the motor, frame, wheels, gas tank and seat, front end etc.....

ihawkeye 07-11-2008 09:38 AM

Good spot. Not the fault of the web site - brain freeze on the part of the usually reliable author on a deadline. The correct photo will be posted shortly. My apologies.
Ken Glassman - Harried author.

seruzawa 07-11-2008 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 188906)
Well KH's look just like Panheads, except for the motor, frame, wheels, gas tank and seat, front end etc.....

Well, one obsolete v-twin is pretty much just like the next.

sarnali2 07-11-2008 10:51 AM

Actually...

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 188913)
Well, one obsolete v-twin is pretty much just like the next.

..they both had spring post seats so it would be a tuffy...

vermicious 07-11-2008 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 188851)
If someone could find me his Work addy, I'll FedEx him one from the case in the Men's room............

"What's this? FedEx? For ME? Must be something Important.............."

If you really wanted to go whole hog you could whittle it into a statue of a young Michael Douglas.

mikehess43 07-11-2008 09:09 PM

The design of the building should not dominate the contents but rather draw attention in line with the purpose...I vote for function and spending the money to preserve and display the history of The Motor Company. I remember going to The Art of Motorcycling in Las Vegas and honestly don't remember the building but the beauty of the bikes. I couldn't tell you if you showed me a picture of the Air & Space Museum building but I do remember the displays 15 years later.

The_AirHawk 07-12-2008 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vermicious (Post 188923)
If you really wanted to go whole hog you could whittle it into a statue of a young Michael Douglas.

I'm not that talented. Howzabout I whittle it into the shape of a Hockey-Puck or a Land Mine?