Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 06-27-2008, 03:58 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default Summer of Scootin'

Original Article:
Summer of Scootin'

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Summer of Scootin' in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-30-2008, 02:06 PM   #2
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

When I was a kid there was this place on Sunset Blvd. in front of Mary Pickford's house that rented scooters. It was run by an ill-tempered Greek guy who was like the soup nazi, if he didn't like your looks, you didn't get a scooter. He also would try and guess what part a given renter would bend, break or other wise destroy on a rented Lambretta or Vespa. "This idiot is going to seize the motor, I'll bet you ten dollars." And if he really didn't like you, you got to ride the Salsbury.

What has happened to all the motorcycle rental places? I rmember there was one right outside the main gate of NRTC in San Diego, you'd see drunk Marines on rented Honda CB750's weaving through traffic at 70 mph, wearing only swim shorts and slappers. Guess they all closed down from insurance issues...
Old 06-30-2008, 05:17 PM   #3
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
And if he really didn't like you, you got to ride the Salsbury.

Did it leave a sticky brown trail of gravy as you rode around on it?